cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Gift and 30% off bill for 1 year Scam

kracken
I've been around

On September 2 (and I found that odd because it was a Stat Holiday) I got a call from 888.440.7444 from someone claiming to be from Rogers.  He indicated that because of the high volume of complaints Rogers was receiving I had been chosen to receive a gift and 30% off my bill for a period of 1 year. He worked in conjunction with another person who claimed to be a supervisor.  Twice I thought this call was a scam but the reassurance seemed plausible.  Thankfully rogers caught the scam as the person ordered an iPhone 15 on my account and the order was cancelled.  They did call back and wanted my birthday and the tracking number.  When I said they should have that information I knew it was a scam (just a little late for me but not for Rogers).

1 REPLY 1

Re: Free Gift and 30% off bill for 1 year Scam

RogersMoin

Hello, @kracken.

Thank you for joining our Community and sharing this scam attempt. We appreciate your help in raising awareness about scams.

Scammers often use deceptive tactics to gain personal information or access your accounts. We are grateful that you were vigilant and that our team was able to intercept the fraudulent order. Your security is our top priority, and we continuously work to prevent such incidents.

You can check out our helpful article on how to spot a telemarketing scam - Rogers.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation