cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive Rogers Telemarketing

gm_simpson
I've been around

How can I put an end to the incessant telephone marketing calls I get from Rogers? It seems that about once per week, I receive a call from someone claiming to be from Rogers offering me a deal. I believe some of these callers are from third parties that are representing Rogers. I have moved my services off Rogers at this time and I am not interested in coming back at this time. The repeated calls are annoying to no end and would certainly dissuade me from switching back to Rogers.

How do I make it STOP?!

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Excessive Rogers Telemarketing

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if u are indeed on their internal do not call list and still getting calls, then it is likely scammers pretending to be rogers as 57 has explained. so be cautious.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Why don't you start by contacting Rogers and ask to be placed on their INTERNAL do not call list.  Also be sure to ask how long the do not contact list lasts and when it expires so you can do it again later if need be?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gm_simpson wrote:

How can I put an end to the incessant telephone marketing calls I get from Rogers? It seems that about once per week,

Be aware that many of these calls are from scammers who have spoofed the Rogers numbers.  If the calls are from the same number, you can block it on your phone, assuming you don't wish to deal with that number.  See post below on the topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud/How-to-Avoid-Caller-ID-Spoofing-and-Spam-C...

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if u are indeed on their internal do not call list and still getting calls, then it is likely scammers pretending to be rogers as 57 has explained. so be cautious.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation