cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Direct to Voicemail Messages

RockCityCycle
I've been around

Does anyone know how to block direct to voicemail messages. To be clear these are not calls that eventually go to voicemail. These are messages that go directly to voicemail and leave no number for me to block. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Block Direct to Voicemail Messages

RogersZia

Hi @RockCityCycle,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I realize how annoying spam calls and voice messages can be. At this time there is no way to block calls that go directly to the voicemail. If you block the numbers I believe the spammers could just spoof new numbers. 

Depending on the phone you have you can perhaps avail the Voicemail-to-Text or Live Voicemail feature and delete the messages without calling into your voicemail box. 

RogersZia

TimDitto
I've been here awhile

Hey folks, I’m happy with Rogers, but it is a little bit outrageous that Rogers does not allow this.  😮 It’s bad enough that TV requires updates every single night and now I have to delete dozens of unwanted messages from voicemail? As an Oracle dev who started in 1988 BEFORE they went fully relational with ANSI/SQL 89, this is pretty lame. 🙂

Oh well, don’t worry, it’s not a deal breaker, but COME ON FOLKS!!!! 🙂

All the best.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I experienced this type of spam voicemails close to 25 years ago with Rogers.  I called rogers and got no where so then I contacted the CRTC and put in a complaint against the companies that leave voice messages without your phone ringing.  The CRTC decided it was okay for companies to do this because they did not receive sufficient complaints about this.   So the reason it still happens is because no one bothered to put forward enough complaints to stop this from happening.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation