cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kelowna Pride 2022

wilburt
I've been around

Kelowna Pride held an in-person Trans March on June 9th and a Pride March and Festival on June 12. I was honored to be the grand marshal for the Pride March where thousands participated. I also joined the Trans March which had hundreds of folks marching in the spring rain. 

Kelowna Pride's beginnings started over 25 years ago. Since then, the festival has grown immensely, attracting over 12,000 people to be proud and celebrate love, diversity, and inclusivity becoming the largest Pride Festival in B.C.s Interior. 

This year's theme was Together in Pride. This was very fitting considering the last couple of years. I feel very fortunate to be part of a community that has come together to celebrate diversity and inclusion. Participating in Pride has helped me evolve how I think about myself as a gay man and to come to honor who I am fully. Speaking at the Pride MarchSpeaking at the Pride MarchProudly flying the Pride FlagProudly flying the Pride FlagLove is LoveLove is LoveBlessed be the FruitsBlessed be the Fruits

0 REPLIES 0
Topic Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 in conversation