Rogers Anyplace TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogersHarry

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV

Hello, @Sailorman

I stream a lot of Live TV via the web so I can understand how frustrating it must be to see some of your channels are no longer available.

Do you have any issues viewing these channels on your TV? Do you get an error message of any kind when trying to tune into those channels via the web/app? What is happening when you try to view these channels?

We look forward to your response!

Cheers,

RogersHarry

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The channels are simply missing from the "guide" portion of Anyplace. The channels go from 32 to 34 for example.

Sailorman
I Plan to Stick Around

TV Boxes are fine. Today CNN and CTVNews are back on web and iOS. Yesterday these showed up with the option "subscribe" under each. Today MSNBC is still missing on both web and iOS. MSNBC is fine on the TV boxes. Tried searching on guide (not there) and search for channel 185 and MSNBC with no luck.

Not the first time MSNBC has disappeared so perhaps this is a network issue as it works on the TV boxes.  

RogersHarry

Hello @Sailorman,

Happy to hear CNN and CTVNews are back now!

We'd like to take a closer look at MSNBC for you to see what is causing the channel to disappear. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can locate your information on our file and get started.

If you aren't familiar with our private messaging system please click here

Cheers

RogersHarry

desireeem
I've Been Here Awhile

Using Chrome same issue on other platforms....only issue is when using anyplace tv.....btw....this issue has been an on going issue for at least 3 months now. 

desireeem
I've Been Here Awhile

oday MSNBC is still missing on both web and iOS. MSNBC is fine on the TV boxes. Tried searching on guide (not there) and search for channel 185 and MSNBC with no luck. (potential malicious link removed)

RogersLaura

Hello @desireeem, @Sailorman (and to any other community members who share in this concern),

I hate to be the bearer of bad news.🥺 It has been brought to our attention that effective June 2, 2020, MSNBC will no longer be available on the Rogers Anyplace TV app. This is due to changes to some programming rights. All customers will still be able to watch MSNBC through their set-top boxes.

I'm so sorry for any disappointment this may cause and thank you in advance for your understanding in this matter.

RogersLaura

Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

That is very disappointing. It is no longer listed in the guide at all. It should be in the guide even if it cannot be played (like other channels with the same restrictions). It would be greatly appreciated if Rogers would work to get MSNBC ch 185 back on Anyplace TV.  Thanks.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Ontario wrote:

That is very disappointing. It is no longer listed in the guide at all. It should be in the guide even if it cannot be played (like other channels with the same restrictions). It would be greatly appreciated if Rogers would work to get MSNBC ch 185 back on Anyplace TV.  Thanks.

Rogers will show channels in the guide if they're available in a higher priced package of by paid subscription. But if it's something no longer available available from Rogers at all, only from another service, why would they show it?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
cnsultnt
I've Been Here Awhile

Running Android 7 on a Fido Huawei T3 tablet.  App version 13.4.0.0.  Worked fine until about a week ago.  Now it goes into reCaptcha, and throws me back to the login screen. Cleared cache, re-installed, rebooted: no luck.

I have no problems on Windows/chrome.