Rogers Yahoo E-Mail Delays & Missing Messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Yahoo E-Mail Delays & Missing Messages

Rogers did it again - two tickets open and ignored by the e-mail team as too hard to find becuase it's an intermittent issue.  VERY FRUSTRATING.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have received several email messages today which were sent yesterday, so more than a 24 hour delay on all of them.  I have no idea if my own messages are going out in a timely fashion or are being received at the recipient's end or not.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes - intermittent seriously delayed e-mails sould like the same issue as I'm having.  I think Rogers has ignored my tickets, but maybe if enough of us all open them, they will do something.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My wife seems to be getting  maybe 1-2 a week, missing emails.  Those that do come through, are on time.

Mine... not an issue...

So its possibly just maybe a specific server issue.. any residing on server XYZ have issues sort of thing?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have been getting emails delayed by multiple hours as well, with at least 8 emails that I have noticed being an hour or more delayed.

To debug this situation, I copy and paste the email headers from the delayed email into the following page: 

http://mxtoolbox.com/EmailHeaders.aspx

This site produces a table of how much time the email spent on each server on its way to me.

In each case I have looked at, some Yahoo.com email server somewhere in the delivery chain holds onto the email for an hour or more. Sometimes I even get the email the next day. I first noticed this effect with a client email that arrived in the middle of the night. I knew my client could not have sent the email at that time from her office, and I confirmed with her that she had left work hours earlier. (This was early November, 2013.)

It happens a few times a week (twice today) and I have recently started saving a copy of any delayed email to a folder to track them so I can send the headers to someone who might ever investigate this. I have put a posting on the yahoo web site, so we will see what they respond with.

Cheers

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortunately, Rogers Tech support have said they are helpless because someone in senior management signed the agreement with Yahoo and Rgoers Tech Support get the tickets pushed back when they try to raise an issue.  I even had it escalated to a Supervisor and got the  same "we can't do anything" message..

For what it's worth, my Roges ticket numbers are C810414811 and C81391241.   Call in and report that you have similar occurances to these tickets and maybe together we can get them to fix the deyalyed and lost mail messages in Rogers mail. 

Does anyone from Rogers monitors these forums?  If so, could this issue be raised to a level where someone can treat them seriously>  Thee are cleary a number of people with the same experience of long delayed e-mails and others with e-mail going missing in the Yahoo e-mail system.  It seems you won't listen to one voice, but seeing that the problem is wide spread should result  in some sort of action.

Rogers, could we get an update?  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm curious to know if anyone is seeing new occurances of:

1) Missing e-mails - where Rogers/Yahoo simply loses the messages as noted earlier in the thread.

or 

2) Heavily delayed e-mails.  Yesterday, I got another important e-mail that was delayed more than 2 hours and it's really frustrating because the message was time sensitive.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

My wife is getting maybe one a month, missing emails

I have not noticed any though.

I daily am sending stuff back and forth between my work and rogers email, and have not noticed a delay at all, prety instant (unless a large attachment)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have experienced missing and delayed emails. I have not noticed any specific reason of occurance though.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Me Too. This whole Rogers Mail system is.