Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I appreciate all the troubleshooting performed to fix the issue.
Is the Outlook Mobile app the only way you access your email? I'm wondering if it's related to the account lockout issue. Are you able to login to the webmail? Usually, closing all the instances of your email account and signing in and out of the webmail should be helpful.
Keep us posted.
I was able to get through to Rogers. There is a new process for acquiring/setting up passwords for rogers email. You need to set up your device as an authorized application and the system will generate a password for you. Go to rogersmembercentre.com
@vinnies2014: I believe that (accessing via a device or older e-mail client) is a separate topic and is discussed in the following thread:
I believe the discussion of this thread is about Webmail (accessing via a browser), which is not affected directly and still requires the same password as before. However, I don't believe "timing out" is necessarily a bad thing these days with all the possibilities for hacking, etc. The "timer" may be a new security measure?
Whenever I accessed Webmail I always logged out after sending/receiving/reading my e-mails.
I had the same issue. Go to rogersmembercentre.com and log-in. Once there you'll see "Account Information", select "Authorized Applications". Then, type in what you want to call it i.e. Android Outlook the select "Generate". Write this computer generated password down. Now go back to your Android Outlook and log in using this new password. That should fix it. Don't close the password window until you've written it down as it will disappear and you have to start all over. Hope this helps.
This issue also impacts other web pages, not just webmail although I realize they're related. I have a my.yahoo.com page as my home page (with stock quotes, news, scores, mail etc). As of yesterday I now have to log in every time I open a new browser. I always check off the "remember me" box.
On top of this, most of the time it won't allow me to log in at all, the page keeps "spinning" and won't let me in.
I hope a fix is imminent.
Thanks I read about this as well and have tried it twice, but still same result wouldn't recognize my email. Having the same issue with a gmail account I am trying to add also..
Trying a third time, but now can't get into the login screen.
I have been running 3 other apps but not the same issue, and can login via yahoo webmail as well.
It appears that the mods have merged a few other posts into this thread. We need to be careful and clear in our discussions. Any future posts should state clearly what their issue is.
1. One discussion appears to be about Webmail (and possibly other Yahoo websites) "timing out". For Webmail you should still be using the same password as before. I'm not sure why sessions are now "timing out", but perhaps this is a new security feature, or simply something new with Yahoo/Rogers e-mail developments?
2. The other issue is regarding (older) e-mail clients, like Outlook and certain devices (certain phones, etc) which will require new app passwords, as discussed in the following thread (and my previous post in this thread).
The following Rogers link provides more detail on the topic:
I've found a solution to the timing out problem ... I think.
First, I spoke to a Rogers rep who called me (!!!!) after I filled out a customer service report follow up rather negatively. After an hour plus on the phone this is what we deduced:
1) The problem may be limited to Google Chrome
2) First go to "History" and "erase browser history .
3) Then try logging in - you will be redirected to Rogers Member Services
4) If you manage to access your email LOG OUT!!!! after your session. If you do not do this you will have to repeat #2 and #3
Hope this may be of help. He also solved my issue with trying to access email on my iPhone (I couldn't).