Keeping rogers email?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Keeping rogers email?

@Pauly wrote:

What link did you use to sign in?  I tried to find the rogers yahoo webmail page but cant find it, i can only find the new one right now, can you share the link?  i want to see the exact login screen as the one you posted

Try   https://login.yahoo.com   (as of May 2019) 

If you don't have some type of Rogers account, I would be interested in knowing if it still works for you.  

Rogers also tells you to create your primary Rogers Yahoo email account by registering with Yahoo!  Does anyone know if CRTC says anything about who owns your email address? For that matter, who owns your Telephone Number? 

Highlighted

Good evening @User14,

Thanks for your replies!

What @RogersTim meant is that you can keep your @rogers.com email address if you have an active Mobile Internet line/account. 

This would include one of the following devices:

You asked: "Do you know if people that only have a wireless plan with Rogers (ie. no internet or cancelled internet) also get a Rogers email address to access the "Wireless" portion of the Community Forum?"

To answer your question, only Internet or Mobile Internet subscribers get access to create a Rogers email address. However, every user has access to the Community Forums boards, regardless of their email address.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Highlighted

@RogersMaude wrote:

What @RogersTim meant is that you can keep your @rogers.com email address if you have an active Mobile Internet line/account. 

This would include one of the following devices:

RogersMaude

I found these 2 old questions on two different Threads from a few years ago. There is no answer posted to either of these questions and the discussion never seems to have a straight forward answer.  Prior to 2017 you could transfer your email to Yahoo, but no longer.  What is the official corporate answer to these 2 questions as of May 2019?  I believe this question is going to be asked more and more in the future as people move to subscription services. 

1 Re: Transfer Emails

How do I get just a data plan for $10.00 a month? Can i then cancel my internet account with Rogers that I presently pay @ $40.00 (including modem rental) per month and retain my email account?

All I want to do is keep my address as the option for transferring all my emails to a 3rd party (Mail.com) is not possible, unless I forward them one at a time. 

bandit1200

2 Re: Keeping rogers email?

I'm currently a rogers customer for wireless, phone, internet and cable, but will be cancelling my cable, internet and phone in a few months. 

I am a huge user of my @rogers.com email address though - is there any way to keep this address and link it to my wireless account? If not, what are my options for keeping this address but ditching the digital cable/home phone/home internet?

A supplementary question I have relates to providing a valid Rogers email address for paperless billing of wireless services.  If you keep your wireless service, and cancel your cable, internet and home phone  would Rogers delete a valid Rogers email address and stop sending me an invoice?  That doesn't make any sense.  Wouldn't the email remain active as long as I had a rogers account??

Please advise.

Highlighted

Hi @User14 ,

Thanks for bringing these questions to our attention! Transparency is really important to us and we'll do our best to help clarify! 😊

How do I get just a data plan for $10.00 a month? Can i then cancel my internet account with Rogers that I presently pay @ $40.00 (including modem rental) per month and retain my email account?

All I want to do is keep my address as the option for transferring all my emails to a 3rd party (Mail.com) is not possible, unless I forward them one at a time. 

bandit1200

- If you have a data only device such as a Rocket Hub, Rocket Stick, Hotspot, Tablet or Smartwatch you may activate a wireless data plan (shared and non-shared options available). Plans start at $10/month. Please CLICK HERE to view the available plan options. Some stipulations may apply.

- If you have a Rogers email address with your Rogers Hi-speed Internet services and would like to cancel your internet services and transfer the email address to your wireless services, this can ONLY be done if you have an active Rogers wireless mobile internet account with one of the eligible devices (Rocket Hub, Rocket Stick, or Rogers Hotspot) as mentioned in RogersMaude's post above.

I'm currently a rogers customer for wireless, phone, internet and cable, but will be cancelling my cable, internet and phone in a few months. 

I am a huge user of my @rogers.com email address though - is there any way to keep this address and link it to my wireless account? If not, what are my options for keeping this address but ditching the digital cable/home phone/home internet?

- My second point above should cover this question.

A supplementary question I have relates to providing a valid Rogers email address for paperless billing of wireless services.  If you keep your wireless service, and cancel your cable, internet and home phone  would Rogers delete a valid Rogers email address and stop sending me an invoice?  That doesn't make any sense.  Wouldn't the email remain active as long as I had a rogers account??

Please advise.

- If your Rogers email address is associated to your Rogers Hi-speed Internet account and you decide to cancel your account with us, the email address will NOT remain active and you will lose your access to it. This means that you will no longer receive the bill notifications when your monthly bill is ready, HOWEVER, you will still be able to login to your MyRogers online profile to view your account and billing details anytime, as long as your Rogers wireless services are still active and linked to that profile. To continue getting the monthly email notifications, you would need to provide us with a valid email address.

I really hope this helps!! 

RogersLaura

Highlighted

@RogersLaura wrote:

Hi @User14 ,

Thanks for bringing these questions to our attention! Transparency is really important to us and we'll do our best to help clarify! 😊

- If you have a data only device such as a Rocket Hub, Rocket Stick, Hotspot, Tablet or Smartwatch you may activate a wireless data plan (shared and non-shared options available). Plans start at $10/month. Please CLICK HERE to view the available plan options. Some stipulations may apply.

- If your Rogers email address is associated to your Rogers Hi-speed Internet account and you decide to cancel your account with us, the email address will NOT remain active and you will lose your access to it. This means that you will no longer receive the bill notifications when your monthly bill is ready, HOWEVER, you will still be able to login to your MyRogers online profile to view your account and billing details anytime, as long as your Rogers wireless services are still active and linked to that profile. To continue getting the monthly email notifications, you would need to provide us with a valid email address.

I really hope this helps!! 

RogersLaura

Thanks Laura,

Well... we are getting close to a clear answer, but we are not quite there yet. 

From what I understand, I will need a Wireless Data Plan with Rogers to retain my Rogers email addresses.

That would be the ones below with DATA. (see Yellow boxes).

ie. the  Smartphone, Tablet, Smartwatch or Mobile Internet.

So far, so good.

Wireless Data Plans.jpg

So when I "bring my own smartphones" and choose a Share EverythingTM plan with Rogers for my phones with Talk, Text and Data, does that constitute a Wireless Data Plan with Rogers?  

Currently I have a "Share Everything Plan" for two smartphones and two iPads and 2GB/mo of Data

Therefore, can I ASSUME  that I will be able to continue to use Rogers email addresses for the near term if I cancel my TV, Internet and Home Phone with Rogers.

Please advise.

Highlighted

Hello, @User14.

@User14 wrote:

Thanks Laura,

Well... we are getting close to a clear answer, but we are not quite there yet. 

From what I understand, I will need a Wireless Data Plan with Rogers to retain my Rogers email addresses.

That would be the ones below with DATA. (see Yellow boxes).

So far, so good.

I'm afraid you have misunderstood, only Mobile Internet plans using devices like Moblie Hotspots, Rocket Hubs and Rocket Sticks can be provisioned with Rogers email accounts as clarified by RogersMaude in Message 62 of this thread.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted

@RogersMoin wrote:

Hello, @User14.

@User14 wrote:

Thanks Laura,

Well... we are getting close to a clear answer, but we are not quite there yet. 

From what I understand, I will need a Wireless Data Plan with Rogers to retain my Rogers email addresses.

That would be the ones below with DATA. (see Yellow boxes).

So far, so good.

I'm afraid you have misunderstood, only Mobile Internet plans using devices like Moblie Hotspots, Rocket Hubs and Rocket Sticks can be provisioned with Rogers email accounts as clarified by RogersMaude in Message 62 of this thread.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Thanks Moin,

I think the misunderstanding arose with the question and reply to Question 1 in Message 64  

How do I get just a data plan for $10.00 a month? Can i then cancel my internet account with Rogers that I presently pay @ $40.00 (including modem rental) per month and retain my email account?
bandit1200

The descriptions and restrictions for these plans do get confusing, not to mention that the +full plan details may also have discrepancies. Keeping with the theme: " Thanks for bringing these questions to our attention! Transparency is really important to us and we'll do our best to help clarify! 😊" ....  

Can you clarify why ONLY the Mobile Internet plans using the 3 devices you have listed: Hotspot, Rocket Hub and Rocket Stick, allows you to retain the Rogers email address? Why are the Smartphone, Tablet and Smartwatch  not included if they have a data plan?

When I clicked on the Mobile Internet Plans (Data Only),  I noticed that there were 4 supported devices listed: 

Supported devices:

Hotspots, Sticks, Rocket Hubs and Tablets

I hope you can appreciate that the information presented on the website is sometimes inconsistent and therefore confusing.  It is easy to understand why customers might misunderstand, therefore a detailed explanation would be very useful for everyone.  

Highlighted

Good morning @User14!

The business made a decision to offer email only on those 3 Mobile Internet services, Hotspots, Rocket Hubs and Rocket Sticks. I know you wanted a detailed explanation but there simply isn't one. It was a business decision that those of us on the fronts lines had no input in.

If you don't want to pay to retain your email address, you can alternatively ask a friend or family member with a valid Rogers Internet service that supports email to take over the responsibility of your email address. We could transfer your email address to their account if you grant permission.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted

@RogersCorey wrote:

Good morning @User14!

The business made a decision to offer email only on those 3 Mobile Internet services, Hotspots, Rocket Hubs and Rocket Sticks. I know you wanted a detailed explanation but there simply isn't one. It was a business decision that those of us on the fronts lines had no input in.

If you don't want to pay to retain your email address, you can alternatively ask a friend or family member with a valid Rogers Internet service that supports email to take over the responsibility of your email address. We could transfer your email address to their account if you grant permission.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Thanks Corey,

I did suspect that this business decision was deceptive, simply to make money.  Ethically it probably constitutes a form of dishonesty that meets the definition of a scam. When you are told that you can keep your email if you have a "mobile internet plan", yet one of the advertised supported devices (Tablet) is arbitrarily denied, it really constitutes a breach of trust with your clients.         

Highlighted

@User14 wrote:

Thanks Corey,

I did suspect that this business decision was deceptive, simply to make money.  Ethically it probably constitutes a form of dishonesty that meets the definition of a scam. When you are told that you can keep your email if you have a "mobile internet plan", yet one of the advertised supported devices (Tablet) is arbitrarily denied, it really constitutes a breach of trust with your clients.         

I must apologize for speculating about the business reasons earlier because I now believe retaining a Rogers email address is fundamentally a technical issue.   Last Friday I spent a very, very long time on the phone with various Rogers Technical Support people on the home and wireless internet. I learned that NEW customers may have limitations or restrictions on their cellular plans that a LEGACY customer may not.  Retaining a Rogers email address is a function of the type of cellular plan you have and this is why some people are able to continue using their Rogers email address while others may not.  The devil is in the detail, as most of the information being discussed on this thread relate to new cellular plans, not the old cellular plans.