Keeping rogers email?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Keeping rogers email?

@er1 wrote:

I left Rogers 6 years ago (literally to the day) when I switched to Teksavvy which is still a far superior ISP. Back a few years prior to leaving them, they partnered up with Yahoomail and because of that, everyone with a Rogers email account was able to log on to through Yahoo. Maybe now that link doesn't exist but because of it, after 6 years I still have a Rogers email account that I can freely access, but of course never use, and haven't paid them a penny for since leaving.  So there's that.

Isn't that interesting! 

After 6 years, you can sign in through the Yahoo/Rogers Mail site and access your Rogers inbox?  I thought it would have been deleted.  Have you tried using it recently? 

Rogers yahoo sign in.jpg

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Wow very interesting.  I used to have a @rogers.com email address back in the day.  What link did you use to sign in?  I tried to find the rogers yahoo webmail page but cant find it, i can only find the new one right now, can you share the link?  i want to see the exact login screen as the one you posted

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I just tried and, yes, it still works. I don't think that they can force Yahoo to purge an email address.

@User14 wrote:

@er1 wrote:

I left Rogers 6 years ago (literally to the day) when I switched to Teksavvy which is still a far superior ISP. Back a few years prior to leaving them, they partnered up with Yahoomail and because of that, everyone with a Rogers email account was able to log on to through Yahoo. Maybe now that link doesn't exist but because of it, after 6 years I still have a Rogers email account that I can freely access, but of course never use, and haven't paid them a penny for since leaving.  So there's that.

Isn't that interesting! 

After 6 years, you can sign in through the Yahoo/Rogers Mail site and access your Rogers inbox?  I thought it would have been deleted.  Have you tried using it recently? 

Rogers yahoo sign in.jpg

Highlighted

@vernicator wrote:

I just tried and, yes, it still works. I don't think that they can force Yahoo to purge an email address.

Isn't that interesting! 

After 6 years, you can still sign in through the Yahoo/Rogers Mail site and access your Rogers inbox?  I thought it would have been deleted.  Have you tried using it recently? 

If someone's  @rogers.com  email address remains active on the Yahoo website, long after you cancel with Rogers, then leaving Rogers does not require you to change your email address.  I assume your email address therefore becomes the property of Yahoo.ca and you can continue to use it forever.   Nice to know if it is true!!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

funny enough back in the day when i had rogesr PIS (Portable internet Service) which was wireless broadband and connected to inukshuk towers wirelessly instead of using a coax, and cancelled my internet, my @rogers.com email was cancelled right away.

I learned that if i want to use an email address for ever even if i move, to make sure its not tied to an isp.

Highlighted

I was told recently that if you cancel your Rogers cable TV, internet and home phone, but keep a Rogers account with your wireless plan, your Rogers email will not be deleted.   

Is it also true that you can keep your Rogers email active by simpy paying an annual fee to Rogers? 

Does anyone know if there is a way of merging your Rogers email with a Yahoo email address so that you basically have an alias that uses the Yahoo servers? 

Ref:   https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/merged-accounts-faqs-and-flow

Highlighted

Good evening @User14 

With all the different services we use that require your email for verification, I know how important it is to have access to your email account is! I can certainly answer your questions for you.

@User14 wrote:

I was told recently that if you cancel your Rogers cable TV, internet and home phone, but keep a Rogers account with your wireless plan, your Rogers email will not be deleted.   

You can only transfer your email account to a Wireless plan if you have Mobile Internet with us.

@User14 wrote:

Is it also true that you can keep your Rogers email active by simpy paying an annual fee to Rogers? 

At this time, we don't have an option for strictly email only.

@User14 wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a way of merging your Rogers email with a Yahoo email address so that you basically have an alias that uses the Yahoo servers? 

Ref:   https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/merged-accounts-faqs-and-flow

Merging your Rogers email account to a Yahoo account is no longer an option as of 2017.

We'd hate to see you go as a customer! As Maude mentioned, please reach out and we can certainly go over our plans with you. 🙂

RogersTim

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As mentioned previously in this post, but in case you dont look all the way back.

IF you have someone else (hopefully family, etc) that still has rogers services, you can transfer your email from your account, over to theirs.

When I was moving from my previous house to my current, there was a 6m gap inbetween.  So I had to cancel and re sign up.
So I transferred it from my account, to my mothers. Then after I had my services back up and running, transferred it back to my account.

Highlighted

@RogersTim wrote:

@User14 wrote:

You can only transfer your email account to a Wireless plan if you have Mobile Internet with us.

RogersTim

@RogersTim  Can you amplify your response.   If I have a Rogers Share everything wireless plan with 2GB of data, the email should remain registered with Yahoo and not be deleted should it not?

Highlighted

@RogersMaude wrote:

Some users reported being able to still access their Rogers email address account, after the cancellation of their Internet account, by visiting https://yahoomail.com. Have you tried it?

RogersMaude

Do you know if people that only have a wireless plan with Rogers (ie. no internet or cancelled internet) also get a Rogers email address to access the "Wireless" portion of the Community Forum?  

BTW, the link https://yahoomail.com no longer works.  It times out. 

This site can’t be reached

yahoomail.com took too long to respond.

I looks like the new link is   https://login.yahoo.com/