Hitron CGN3ACR missing 2.4G & 5G multiple SSID settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Hitron CGN3ACR missing 2.4G & 5G multiple SSID settings

For some odd reason I can't seem to find the the secondary or multiple SSID settings in order to enable it.

I go to 'Wireless' under 'Basic Settings' choose 2.4G or 5G, on the right hand side of the screen under 'Multiple SSID Settings' I only see the following submenus:'NetworkName', 'Enable', 'Broadcast SSID', and 'WWM(QOS). I don't see secondary SSID or Multiple SSID to enable it. According to rogers setup I should see the following:

1. The following steps explain how to configure the wireless network on a Hitron CGN3ACR.

1. Connect an Ethernet cable from the PC to the modem.
    2. Open a web browser and enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar.
    3. Login using:
      • Username: cusadmin
      • Password: password
    4. Click Wireless.
    5. Under Basic Settings check the following settings:
      • Wireless Mode is set to 802.11 b/g/n mixed.
      • Wireless Channel is set to Auto.
    6. Under Multiple SSID Settings check the following settings:
      • Network Name (SSID) can be changed to whatever you would like your wireless network name to be.
      • If you wish to create multiple SSIDs click on 2.4G Secondary SSID or 2.4G Multiple SSID2 and switch Enable from OFF to ON.
    7. Click Save Changes.

Re: Hitron CGN3ACR missing 2.4G & 5G multiple SSID settings

Hello @ahdfahf , thank you for your post. Currently the feature to setup multiple SSIDs is not available through “cusadmin” login. Thank you for letting us know. I can definitely assist you with secondary SSID setup. I’m going to have someone reach out to you in Private Message, please check our Messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Really?  If that is the case, the instructions should be modified to indicate that the feature is available through tech support only.  Don't know why anyone would decide to take such a simple function and lock out of the users ability to use it.  Is there an firmware update request in the system to enable end users to use the function?

I Plan to Stick Around

I would like to do this as well. Can someone PM me the instructions as well???????

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here is the instruction link, but it won't do any good as explained above as the user interface does not resemble what is stated in the instructions.  So, if you have a CGN3ACR, and you want to use multiple networks, call tech support and ask the CSR to setup the additional networks that you require.  Best thing to do, personal opinion, but a good third party router that will give you better control over functions such as multiple or guest networks.

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/internet/home-networking/377?setLanguage=en

Good evening @FanDroidBoi  ,

Thank you for your post! Smiley Wink

We are aware that CGN3ACR users are still unable to access the feature to setup multiple SSIDs through “cusadmin”.

We would like to help you in regards to this situation. I'll have our @CommunityHelps  team reach out to you, so we can assist with this. Look out for the message in your inbox!

Thanks @Datalink, I have brought all your inquiries to the attention of the appropriate department. Specifically regarding the ability for our customers to use the Multiple SSID settings function and if we can expect the instructions to be updated. We will be providing updates as soon as we get the information!

RogersMaude

I'm Here A Lot

I got an upgraded modem today, the CGN3ACSMR, and I configured it manually. Then I wanted to  configure a guest SSID and I had read that you could either call tech support or use the Cisco Easy Connect software on the USB stick included in the box. So I first tried installing the USB software.

However on a Mac running El Capitain 10.11.3 (i.e the latest release) the install fails. It chugs for a while, raises a dialog about needing to install Adobe Reader (despite it being installed) and then when you click OK it exits without being installed. In short, the install is broken. (So I ended up calling Rogers tech support to get the guest SSID set up.)

Question to Rogers community staff: The USB stick software is dated May 15 last year, before El Capitain was released. Is there a software refresh available to download? Are you aware this install is broken?

Dave Ings

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From what I remember of it, the easy connect stick contains an executable which connects to the modem, assuming that the modems IP address is 192.168.0.1.  If I remember this correctly, its not an install program.  So, every time you want to use it, you have to run the executable from the stick.  You can call tech support to set up guest accounts.  Personal opinion, if you need to setup and manage guest account, you're better off buying a router with external antenna and gigabit WAN and LAN ports.

I'm Here A Lot

With respect to "you're better off buying a router with external antenna" I think this is often sound advice - but my use case is straightforward enough that I'm happy to stick with the simpler "one box" solution. Although I grant you that it's kind of crazy to have to make a phone call to set up a guest SSID - and one that lacks any WPA2 security at that.

Whether or not Easy Connect is supposed to install from, or just run from, the USB stick, it simply doesn't work on El Capitain. I mentioned this to the Rogers tech support person yesterday when I phoned to create a guest SSID, but they didn't seem that interested in pursuing it.

If the Rogers folks here don't chime in, I may call them back and push on this a bit.

Dave Ings

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is no logical reason for any ISP to hide the multiple guest account capability that resides in the modem and end up expending manpower having to set these up over the phone.  Its a simple procedure that most customers would probably use without any problems. 

No WPA-2?  That sounds really odd.  I'd call back and force the CSR to look thoroughly at all of the settings.  I can't imagine that Hitron built this without a WPA-2 Security mode and AES encryption mode for the guest accounts, or that Rogers, for some reason, had them removed.  Either way, it would be extremely odd.  Yet another reason to buy your own router, so that you have full access to the security and encryption modes that you should be using to protect your network, and have the capability to use them. Fwiw......

That setup stick has been around in its current form for a long time, my guess would be maybe five years or longer.  @Gdkitty or @VivienM might know.  And, I doubt that there has been any changes to it since it was developed or released.  While it might make sense to update the program, I suspect that Rogers has its hands full these days.