Android apps really slow on new Hitron CGN3AMR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Android apps really slow on new Hitron CGN3AMR

Last month, I upgraded my router to a new  Hitron CGN3AMR gigabit router.  And as soon as I did, Netflix on every Android device in the house became incredibly slow.  Other apps, too:  Teamsnap, Pinterest are two I can think of off-hand.  Turn off wifi and resort to Cellular network, and they speed resumes.  Try a different Wifi (e.g. at work) and also very fast.  It's just this router.

Does anybody else experience these?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Re: Android apps really slow on new Hitron CGN3AMR

Hello @panzerkampfwage,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

It appears you're currently in touch with our @CommunityHelps team to update your CGN3AMR modem to our Trial version.  Before we begin troubleshooting, I suggest we wait for the upgrade to be completed and go from there.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

I Plan to Stick Around

sounds good. Thanks!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The only other thing (ontop of the firmware change) , would be the wireless itself.

With the change over of the wireless, while you may have set up your network name, etc again... the CHANNEL that it is on, may be different?

You could be hitting interfearance.

I Plan to Stick Around

Wouldn't that manifest itself with everything being slow?  It's only some apps that are slow with the router.  Teamsnap, Netflix, Pinterest are slow.  Youtube, Google Play movies are OK.  

At first I thought it was something about those apps that was at fault.  But a quick walk down the the McDonalds and the Starbucks down the street showed that those apps are fine with the public Wifi at those locations.  They're also fine on cellular data.  Why is it only this router?

I'm Here A Lot

Did you end up getting this problem resolved? I have the exact same issue with any android device used on my network and especially noticeable with some apps like Netflix. Rogers sent a tech who changed my router but to no improvement. I called Rogers back up and tech support indicates that it's not in their scope of services to try and assist. I run the app on another wifi network or on cellular network, and there are no issues. This is the same across 4 devices.

Hi @fadimin,

I would recommend you sign up for our firmware trial to see if that helps to resolve this matter at all.

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

How do I sign up for that?

I Plan to Stick Around

I have had the firmware patch for a few weeks now. While I'm able, once again, to Chromecast from my Android devices, the slowness in the affected apps (eg Netflix, Teamsnap, Pinterest, etc) is still there. My frustration level with Rogers is starting to grow.