Add rogers email account to Gmail?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Add rogers email account to Gmail?

We just recently got a rogers email account having just switched from Bell.

What are the details so that this rogers/yahoo account can be views from within our primary Gmail account?

Within Gmail there is the option to Check mail from other accounts (using POP3):  

And this worked well for our previous Bell sympatico account. What is the setup info for our rogers email using POP3?

Thanks for your advice.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Add rogers email account to Gmail?

@RogersSannecia wrote:

Hello @21Rouge

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums

To forward emails from another email provider to Gmail, you’ll have to change your settings in your yahoo email account, not in Gmail.

Thanks for the reply 'Sannecia'. But I seem to have had success without changing anything in my rogers account ie doing it all from within GMAIL using the information shown in this Rogers link:

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/internet/email/87?setLanguage=en

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @21Rouge

To forward emails from another email provider to Gmail, you’ll have to change your settings in your yahoo email account, not in Gmail. Please visit Yahoo’s help center to find out if automatic forwarding is available and how to set it up. Feel free to review the steps below.

1. Open the Gmail account that you want to forward from.
  2. At the top right, click the gear .
  3. Select Settings.
  4. Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP
  5. Click Add a forwarding addressin the “Forwarding” section.
  6. Enter the email address you want to forward to.
  7. For your security, we'll send a verification email to that address. Open your other email account and find the confirmation message from the Gmail team. If you’re having trouble finding it, check your Spam folder.
  8. Click the verification link in that email.
  9. Back in your Gmail account, reload the page in your web browser - look for the reload icon .
  10. On the same Forwarding and POP/IMAPpage in Settings, check that Forward a copy of incoming mail is selected and your email address is in the drop-down menu.
  11. In the second drop-down menu, choose what you want Gmail to do with your messages after they’re forwarded, such as keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox(recommended) or archive Gmail’s copy.
  12. Click Save Changesat the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps.

RogersSannecia

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersSannecia wrote:

Hello @21Rouge

To forward emails from another email provider to Gmail, you’ll have to change your settings in your yahoo email account, not in Gmail.

Thanks for the reply 'Sannecia'. But I seem to have had success without changing anything in my rogers account ie doing it all from within GMAIL using the information shown in this Rogers link:

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/internet/email/87?setLanguage=en

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Glad you found the POP setting @21Rouge, rather than forwarding you can use the gmail as the client for Rogers server.

However, @RogersSannecia gave info that is actually usually missed by a lot of folks, so good share Sannecia. 🙂

Actually, out of curiousity... Did you test it out yet? Tell me how the Gmail works as a Client?

I was thinking for doing that eventually for my other emails. So I can access everything in one spot.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@ShakTib wrote:

Actually, out of curiousity... Did you test it out yet? Tell me how the Gmail works as a Client?

It works just fine so far.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@21Rouge

Wohoo! Good to hear. I have too many emails and gotta sort mine out.

And since Gmail app itself seems stable I rather use it so thanks for the update Rouge 🙂

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@21Rouge wrote:

What are the details so that this rogers/yahoo account can be views from within our primary Gmail account?

Within Gmail there is the option to Check mail from other accounts (using POP3):  

And this worked well for our previous Bell sympatico account. What is the setup info for our rogers email using POP3?

Thanks for your advice.

***Edited labels***

At the risk of being a bit contrarian, why bother? This is a new Rogers/Yahoo email account, so it's not like people you know will email you there. And I don't think Rogers will ever email you there - they will email you at the email address that is associated with your account at My Rogers.

I know a whole bunch of people whom I don't think have ever created their Rogers/Yahoo email accounts, and I don't think they're missing anything...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@VivienM wrote:

@21Rouge wrote:

Thanks for your advice.

***Edited labels***

At the risk of being a bit contrarian, why bother?

Maybe.

Except there are some sites/forums that insist on an ISP provided email address as a requirement for registration.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

I agree with @VivienM

Most people use Gmail itself or Microsoft account -- Something email that is linked with other services.

I have 2 Rogers email. And It doesn't get any thing except Rogers related email that I have subscribed to. That is.

@21Rouge - I have never heard of ISP enforced email for registration. That is actually the first time I have heard of it. (Unless something has slipped my mind).

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@ShakTib wrote:

I agree with @VivienM

Most people use Gmail itself or Microsoft account -- Something email that is linked with other services.

I have 2 Rogers email. And It doesn't get any thing except Rogers related email that I have subscribed to. That is.

@21Rouge - I have never heard of ISP enforced email for registration. That is actually the first time I have heard of it. (Unless something has slipped my mind).

I've vaguely heard of it - essentially, it's a way to try and keep away people using 'throwaway' email accounts from Hotmail/Gmail/Yahoo/whatever... 

My view on email is that everyone should get a domain name and use that instead of either ISP/school/free/work accounts, but ever since Google/Microsoft discontinued their free custom domain email hosting, that's become a much pricier option...