Switching TV Input on the Ignite remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Switching TV Input on the Ignite remote

We have an LG tv (model LH5700), and pairing of the Ignite remote to the TV worked great except for the TV input button. Pressing the button once brings up the input menu, and subsequent presses just scroll up and down the list. There is no way to dismiss the menu without changing to another input, and once on another input, the TV input button no longer brings up the menu. The only way to switch back is turning the TV off and back on.
We are using the correct pairing code for our model of TV (12731). Any other suggestions, apart from digging out the LG remote?

***Edited Labels***

Re: Switching TV Input on the Ignite remote

Hey @Morgan78!

Wanting one remote to rule them all makes total sense ^_^! Regarding your input button issue, I assume the "Exit" button doesn't remove the input change screen? Alternatively are you able to end the input change on the one in use to cancel it?

If not I'm wondering if this might be a TV specific concern. Perhaps some of our resident experts may be able to weigh in on this?

@RogersAndy

I've Been Around

We have the same issue and have not been able to resolve it other than using our other remote, which defeats the purpose of having one remote do everything.

I've Been Here Awhile

my workaround

Pressing the button once brings up the input menu, and subsequent presses just scroll up and down the list. Once you are on the desired Source... just tap the Volume button.

This will dismiss the menu

Hello, @magog1970

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congrats on your first post!

I also have an LG TV and it has been a bit of struggle with the Ignite TV Voice Remote not being able to control the inputs. I also have two Samsung TV's and those units do not have any issues at all with the input commands from the Ignite TV Voice Remote.

I have attempted the workaround from @Pieboy314 and it did not work on my TV but once the correct input is selected turning the TV off and then back on again will dismiss the Input menu. I also have an LG TV Plus App downloaded on my Android device which adds a lot of functionality including a digital remote control for the LG TV you can control on your phone.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony