Question regarding Ignite TV remote

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Question regarding Ignite TV remote

Ignite was installed last week and so far apart from the odd TV picture freeze up everything seems to be working fine. 

I want to know if it's possible to fast forward recorded programming in 3 minute intervals just like the old remotes. This was a great feature for zooming past commercials. Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

-clammydog
I'm NOT a Rogers employee, my comments are my own.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Question regarding Ignite TV remote

@clammydog wrote:

I want to know if it's possible to fast forward recorded programming in 3 minute intervals just like the old remotes. This was a great feature for zooming past commercials. Thanks.

You can change the "skip ahead" interval to 30 seconds as follows: press [Exit] three times, then key in 0030

As far as I know, you cannot program any arbitrary value; you can only choose between the "5 minute" default and the "30 second" option.

Of course, you can skip ahead 3 minutes by pressing the microphone button and saying either "Skip ahead Three Minutes" or "Go forward Three Minutes"

I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you. I'll try that.

-clammydog
I'm NOT a Rogers employee, my comments are my own.
I've Been Here Awhile

I just did this and can confirm it works great. 

I did not think it did anything since the key sequence when you press it does the actual key functions on the PVR screen.  But sure enough after pressing the page up button it is now a 30 second advance instead of 5 minutes.  And the page down button is now a 15 second reverse instead of 5 minutes. 

Hopefully my Harmony remote will pick up the change when I get around to programming it for the new PVR.

Somebody should let the folks at the Rogers stores know because they where clueless when I was shopping for a PVR and it is a must have feature as far as I'm concerned.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@drobertsca wrote:

Hopefully my Harmony remote will pick up the change when I get around to programming it for the new PVR.

That magic key sequence changes the Skip Forward/Back behaviour that's internal to the set-top box itself so you should see the same behaviour with your Harmony remote.

FYI, [Exit] [Exit] [Exit] 0 5 0 0 will cause the Xi6 to revert back to the default behaviour.  Unfortunately, there's no way (that I know of) to program in an arbitrary Skip Forward time value.

Somebody should let the folks at the Rogers stores know because they where clueless when I was shopping for a PVR and it is a must have feature as far as I'm concerned.

Don't be too hard on them.  I don't think that little tricks like these are well documented anywhere.  😎

I Plan to Stick Around

I find the remote, X15, not bad, but a couple of things peeve me. One is when you fast forward a recording. It is very choppy, and you can't seem to choose the right moment to stop it. Another is the size of the navigation buttons. It would be nicer to have an actual raised button than the barely raised one. Has anyone found a better remote?

thanks

I've Been Here Awhile

My Harmony remote controls the Ignite PVR well even though it is an ancient model. 

However, changing remotes won't help you with the fast forward issue.  The choppyness is just a feature of of fast forwarding streamed data.  Since the entire show is not actually on your ignite box fast forward will always be a sampling of bytes sent from their servers.  I'll either use the 30 second advance, use a voice prompt to fast forward a certain number of minutes or keep an eye on the time bar while fast forwarding.

Order Now!
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone Live
LIVE: Saturday, January 18th 10:00 PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of January 16th

He's back! Irish superstar Conor McGregor makes his return to the Octagon on January 18, and he's kicking off 2020 with a welterweight showdown against the man with the most wins in UFC history, Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone. Returning to action for the first time since October 2018 in the main event of UFC 246, the two-division champion from Dublin known as "The Notorious" one wants to make a statement against Albuquerque action hero Cerrone, who has picked up five post-fight performance bonuses in his last five bouts.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 in conversation