Pause/Record Options for Live Programming & Seeking a Quiet Channel on Ignite TV

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carl9
I've Been Here Awhile

Pause/Record Options for Live Programming & Seeking a Quiet Channel on Ignite TV

Hi all.  I have been using Ignite for a few weeks.

1. Two questions regarding the buffer.  When I pause a live show, Ignite buffers up to 25 minutes and then will start to play: Is there a way to increase this buffer?  Also, when I hit record, am I correct that the recording starts when I hit record, not when the buffer started (assuming I was already on that channel when the show started, for example)?
  2. Quiet Channel: On the PVR, Channel 950 was my place to park the PVR when I wanted quiet.  It was great when stopping a recorded show as there was no sound, just a blank screen.  Is there somewhere similar on Ignite where I can park the box so when I exit an app (e.g. Netflix or YouTube) or a recording I am met by silence rather than a blaring TV?  (the seagulls on 299, the crackle of the fireplace on 917 and the bubbling of the aquarium on 916 are not helping!)

If a quiet channel doesn't exist, maybe Rogers can provide a "Silence is Golden" channel somewhere in the Stingray collection (which I don't see myself using much anyway: much preferred some of the radio stations on the old Rogers PVR option.  Oh well.).

I appreciate any help.

In the spirit of sharing, coming from Rogers PVR, some of the helpful tips I've come across here so far are:

1. To program the XR15 remote's 'up' and 'down' buttons (to the right of the record button) to 30 seconds forward (up) and 16 back (down) rather than 5 minutes. (FF and RW on streaming TV isn't very precise).
  2. I can use 2 XR-15 remotes on one Xi6-T Rogers Ignite box. (keeps the household sane!

**Labels Added**

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Pause/Record Options for Live Programming & Seeking a Quiet Channel on Ignite TV

@Carl9 wrote:

Hi all.  I have been using Ignite for a few weeks.

Two questions regarding the buffer.  When I pause a live show, Ignite buffers up to 25 minutes and then will start to play: Is there a way to increase this buffer?  Also, when I hit record, am I correct that the recording starts when I hit record, not when the buffer started (assuming I was already on that channel when the show started, for example)?

Hi, and welcome to the world of Ignite TV!

I'm not aware of any way to increase this buffer.  As far as I know, the length of the buffer is limited by the amount of available memory in the set-top box.  You are also correct on the second point.  Since recordings are made "in the cloud", not locally, program recording starts at the point when you hit the record button.  Cloud storage has many advantages but the things that you ask about are two of its limitations.

Quiet Channel: On the PVR, Channel 950 was my place to park the PVR when I wanted quiet.  It was great when stopping a recorded show as there was no sound, just a blank screen.  Is there somewhere similar on Ignite where I can park the box so when I exit an app (e.g. Netflix or YouTube) or a recording I am met by silence rather than a blaring TV?  (the seagulls on 299, the crackle of the fireplace on 917 and the bubbling of the aquarium on 916 are not helping!)

I tune to the Fireplace Channel (917) when I am watching a recording in bed and might fall asleep.  That's the quietest channel that I have been able to find.  I totally agree; a 100% silent channel would be most welcome!

Carl9
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Seeking a Quiet Channel on Ignite TV

Thank you for the reply, G. 🙏 While the buffer is what it is (I appreciate the confirmation), maybe a quiet 'channel' can be developed.  Overall, the Ignite experience is fine but a little fine-tuning would be welcome.  Thanks again.