Ignite Modem XB6 - Manual WiFi channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Ignite Modem XB6 - Manual WiFi channel

Hi,
I am using XB6 for my ignite internet.
I was trying to manually set my wifi channel inside the router setting (10.0.0.1) .

When I was at the wifi section, i couldn’t select manual because it was grey out.

Any idea?

*Added Labels*

Highlighted

Re: Ignite Modem XB6 - Manual WiFi channel

Hello, @garbun0629!

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how important it can be to be able to change the WiFi of your WiFi signal to avoid interference issues that can weaken your overall WiFi signal.

It is strange that you have been unable to change the WiFi channel via the Admin settings. I was able to adjust mine without issue. Can you try using a different browser to see if the issue is persistent? You should be able to toggle the radial button between automatic and manual. When the manual is selected the dropdown list for channel selection becomes active.

Can you also try to complete the WiFi channel change via the Ignite WiFi Hub App for Android and iOS devices? Once you are logged into the App navigate to the Network tab at the bottom, then select Advanced Settings, then select 2.4 and 5GHz WiFi. Please try to edit the WiFi channel here.

Let us know how that goes for you!

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi Tony, has the app been updated? I no longer see the option you spoke of after Advanced Settings. I only see options: Port Forwarding, LAN &WAN, DNS server, and DMZ. Can you explain further? Thanks!
Highlighted

Hello, @Shell333.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for joining this discussion and for your query. The option to manage WiFi channels may not be available in the modem's settings if you are using the Ignite WiFi Hub app. 

You can manage the WiFi channels on the app by navigating to Network > Gateway > Advanced > 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi. I hope this helps. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

there is no option for 2.4ghz or 5 following the pathing you provided. only port forwarding, lan & wan, dns server and dmz.

Network > Gateway > Advanced > 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi(not an option)

Highlighted

Hello, @tjay9.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

Thank you for joining this discussion, and I appreciate your query. Are you using another router besides the XB6 WiFi modem? 

The XB6 has to be in the gateway mode to use all the features of the Ignite WiFi Hub app. Ideally, when you tap on the Network tab, you should see the following:

IMG-20200516-WA0003.jpgIMG-20200516-WA0007.jpgIMG-20200516-WA0006.jpgIMG-20200516-WA0005.jpg

You can try rebooting the modem and relaunching the app to see if the above options appear for you. 

Please provide us with XB6's firmware version and the app version so we can further look into it. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

I have a technicolor modem. 

Ignite wifi hub app version: 3.6.20200414022221

firmware: CGM4140COM_4.0p6s3_PROD_sey

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just checked this, and I have all those options in the Advanced Settings EXCEPT the 2.4 and 5 ghz.  Are they not available when using PODS?  

Highlighted
I've Been Around

This option is not in my wifi hub as well. I checked both web version and app.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am running the Eero pods, so the wifi is done through there and not the rogers modem itself, but i just took a look and could find it on mine

Network > Gateway > 2.4 & 5ghz Wifi

Then click EDIT.

Both wifi mode (eliminate older types if not used) and the channel are select-able there