Ignite Modem XB6 - Manual WiFi channel

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Ignite Modem XB6 - Manual WiFi channel

Hi,
I am using XB6 for my ignite internet.
I was trying to manually set my wifi channel inside the router setting (10.0.0.1) .

When I was at the wifi section, i couldn’t select manual because it was grey out.

Any idea?

*Added Labels*

Re: Ignite Modem XB6 - Manual WiFi channel

Hello, @garbun0629!

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how important it can be to be able to change the WiFi of your WiFi signal to avoid interference issues that can weaken your overall WiFi signal.

It is strange that you have been unable to change the WiFi channel via the Admin settings. I was able to adjust mine without issue. Can you try using a different browser to see if the issue is persistent? You should be able to toggle the radial button between automatic and manual. When the manual is selected the dropdown list for channel selection becomes active.

Can you also try to complete the WiFi channel change via the Ignite WiFi Hub App for Android and iOS devices? Once you are logged into the App navigate to the Network tab at the bottom, then select Advanced Settings, then select 2.4 and 5GHz WiFi. Please try to edit the WiFi channel here.

Let us know how that goes for you!

RogersTony