CBC News Network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

CBC News Network

This morning we wake up to find CBC NN missing from the channel line up.  Anyone know what is going on?

Its telling us we need a subscription had been getting it free since the Virus situation came along.

Webster

*** Edited Labels ***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: CBC News Network

This channel is free over the air in uncompressed HD. Just get a digital antenna and you will have it for free without the need of getting answers from Rogers.
Highlighted

I will answer your question: I see it there on channel 26 no problem. I am on the popular package. What package do you subscribe to?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for your most helpful reply.  I wasn't really looking for CBCNN on a free basis but since it was supposed to be free until April 30th I was sort of expecting that to be the case.  FYI if I want this channel it is available to me as a Flex Channel.  But thank you for educating me on a couple of things:  I didn't know CBCNN was broadcast free to air; you learn something everyday and if I would like to get it free I can purchase a Digital antenna.  But lastly it really didn't take a great deal of effort to put a question to "Rogers"  through the Community forum but thank you for your concern.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

We have Ingnite TV perhaps therein lies the rub. My neighbour who is still on Digital has it. Thanks,
Highlighted

I just checked and I also don't have CBCNN as of today. Did have it yesterday. I am also on Ignite.

Also, upon further verification CBCNN is not available over the air. It is CBC Ottawa (local).

Sorry for wrong info.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

CBC News Network is a Canadian English-language specialty news channel owned by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. It broadcasts into over 10 million homes in Canada. It is the world's third-oldest television service of this nature, after CNN in the United States and Sky News in the United Kingdom.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

CBC News Network not available to me anymore

Hello All,

A strange thing happened to me this morning, I went to check the news on CBCNN and a message pops up telling me I need a subscription for it.

Weird, I have been watching it for 4 months since I had IgniteTV installed in February!

Any ideas, according to my account Ignite Flex 5 includes CBCNN!

Thanks,

X

Highlighted

Hello @Xdj,

CBC News Network was available as part of Free Previews until June 30th 2020. For Ignite TV customers the channel is available with the Popular as well as Premier TV package. It's also available as part of the Canadian News Theme Pack. 

Since you can see it listed under the Ignite Flex 5 in your MyRogers I would recommend you to reboot your device and see if it comes up. If not, please reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to take a look into your account on our end.

RogersZia