Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay.. Blue Jays... Let's Play Ball

andymo03
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Okay Blue Jays, let's play ball....

The All-Star break is quickly approaching. After a slow start the Toronto Blue Jays have quickly turned the season around. The bats are making some serious noise, leading the league in runs and the starting rotation is coming together nicely. Presently the Jays are 1.0 game out of a share of the division lead and are sitting tied for the expanded wild-card spot. With the team on the brink of the first playoff birth since our run in the 90's, our savvy GM AA needs to make a move to push us to that elite level.

Personally, I feel the team needs to bolster the bullpen and sure up the closer position. They can't let late leads slip. Every win counts and blown saves will certainly cost the Jays in the long run.

Have you had a chance to see the boys of summer in action? No time better than the present. What a great showing on Canada Day. Hopefully the lay off for All-Star break doesn't cool off the hot bats.

With that being said, remember to vote for your favourite Blue Jays to make the All- Star roster.

Thoughts, predictions, moves you feel can help the team?

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Okay.. Blue Jays... Let's Play Ball

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the post @andymo03 Smiley Happy

Do we have any baseball fans in the Community?

RogersAsif

I bought a Jersey. Does that count as being a fan? -__-"
I am such a nerd, I know nothing of Sports.. but I do like watching the game! 😄 (Just don't know the players) - I do like watching BlueJays only though, so that does count for being a half-baked fan! 😛

vvancooten
I'm a frequent visitor

I think they're 5 games back now... Smiley Sad  Jose just broke two records, but if that's all they got then I wouldn't expect much this season.  It's now or next season! 

Anyways lets keep positive!  good 7-1 win yesterday, lets keep the momentum... sweep the A's and Mariners.  

Wohoo!
I was watching highlights to keep up! 😄

So excited! What a huge splash! Welcome to Toronto Troy Tulowitzki. Sad to see Jose Reyes go, but necessary to get arguably the best shortstop in the game. The lineup is scary; let’s land a pitcher and (knock on wood) World Series, here we come!

Another blockbuster. Welcome David Price. An ace to sure up the starting rotation. Look out American League.

@__@ I must go to a game. I must. A summer isn't summer without atleast 1 Game!

vvancooten
I'm a frequent visitor

Jose is mad at the Troy Tulowitzki trade.  Smiley Very Happy

Trade season continues. With an additional two moves the Blue Jays look poised to position themselves amongst the MLB elite. Adding a power arm in the bullpen and a veteran outfielder the roster is coming together nicely. Hopefully Jose isn’t too mad about the loss of Jose Reyes as the new acquisitions have already paid dividends. Let’s keep those wins coming! August is crucial to the playoff push.

RCee
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Go Jays.

Football season soon....Gronk!

jimboden
I'm an advisor

How's about that David Price? That was a fantastic debut yesterday. He only gave up 1 run in 8 innings and struck out 11 batters.

O__O He seems awesome.
I don't know players that well... but I was watching Vid of David Price yesterday...
🙂

David Price always gave the Blue Jays a fit when he pitched against them. He rarely lost a game to the Jays, especially when he was with Tampa Bay. He has been really consistent throughout his career and he's just coming up on his 30th birthday later this month.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 in conversation