cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe weather - service disruptions - December 22

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Due to the severe weather, customers in parts of Ontario may be experiencing service disruptions currently affecting some wireless, home phone, internet and TV services. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

Teams are working alongside hydro officials to restore full service as quickly as possible. We will continue to provide you with updates as we have them.

For the latest info, follow us on Twitter @RogersHelps or on Facebook (www.facebook.com/rogers).

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Severe weather - service disruptions - December 22

Katelin1
I've been around
I just want to know I my bill will get credited for the interruption with cable and Internet??? I'm really fed up with the internet disconnecting constantly... I really hate this consistent interruption!!!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello Katelin1

The past ones could be another issue but this one is Ontario wide. Most of us do not have cable and or Internet. They will most likely credit u the days u do not have cable or Internet. You can call into Rogers and have them to do once your cable and or Internet is up.

konjo
I've been around

My Cable is still out. I live in Toronto.  Is this the case for everyone else?

RogersMargaret

Extreme Weather Update

Rogers will add additional staff through Christmas and Boxing Day to further help impacted customers. This includes increased cable support and additional trucks to help field operations through the holidays. Also, stores in impacted areas will stay open until 5pm today and again on Boxing Day so residents can access the store WiFi network, charge their device and use courtesy phones and laptops to keep in touch with loved ones. 

Rogers is dedicated to restoring home phone, internet and cable service to those customers impacted by the extreme weather. We continue to work closely with Hydro and our crews have been working around the clock. We are also working with Red Cross to help pay for the shelters being run across the province and will provide hygiene kits for those who need them. 

As power is restored to the home, most services will resume but there is a small percentage of cases where service will continue to be disrupted due to outages at the main operations sites. We’d like thank our customers for their continued patience and will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available.

RogersMargaret

Extreme Weather Update

Some customers are continuing to experience home phone, cable and internet service interruptions as a result of extreme weather. As hydro is restored, a small number of houses will continue to be disrupted due to outages at the main operations site providing service to their home. 

We apologize for the inconvenience and are working hard to get services back up as soon as possible.

RogersMargaret

The extreme weather conditions left many homes without power, and as a result, some Rogers customers experienced home phone, internet and television service interruptions. We continue to deploy extra network maintenance crews to help restore service and are working hard to get services back up as soon as possible. We have 800 trucks deployed through our field operations teams to help customers, and we have added hundreds of staff to increase support staffing in our call centres.

As power has been restored to homes, most services have returned to normal. In some cases, services may not immediately resume when power resumes because power for network equipment may come from another area where power has not yet been restored or where cable lines may have been damaged. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and have assigned extra crews to restore service. 

If your power has been restored and you continue to experience service disruptions here are some steps you can take:

-Call our customer support line at 1-888-ROGERS-1 and listen closely to the recorded message 
-The message will indicate whether we have identified an outage in your area 
-If the recorded message does not indicate an outage in your area, please stay on the line and speak to one of our technical support agents.
-We will assign a technician to your home as soon as one is available to identify the problem and to work to restore your service

We've made special arrangements to get phones out to customers and stores to fulfill orders delayed by the storm. Residents can access WiFi network, charge their devices and use courtesy phones and laptops to keep in touch with loved ones in any of our retail stores. We are also providing loaner phones to many local shelters that have been set up.

Working with the Red Cross, Rogers is helping to pay for the shelters being run across the province and is providing hygiene kits for those who need them.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation