cancellation fees

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: cancellation fees

why can't I see the link?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The link in the myrogers?

Try another browser if you can.. sometimes its just display issues.  If not. may be an issue with the account.. would have to call in then.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Alinep

You can always contact Rogers & speak to a CSR about this. They will give you the correct answer if the website is not showing it too you.
I've Been Here Awhile

Quick Hint (don't know if it's been discussed): If you are currently under the old Cancellation Policies, DO NOT CANCEL YOUR CONTRACT YET. The Wireless Code being discussed at the CRTC is going to standardize the early termination fee regime. More importantly, the rules may apply to all contracts, including existing contracts. That means many people on the tail end of their contracts under the old regime that want to leave may not be subject to high and arbitrary cancellation fees. If you received a cheap subsidized device a couple of years ago, chances are that you've paid off most of the cost of the device. Hopefully the CRTC will render a decision by March 2013.

Read all about the Wireless Code on the CRTC website.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jadon1

First of all, the CRTC NEVER said it would go into affect next year or even gave a date. I follow this very close. Second. Please stay ontop please. This user is asking something that you have not helped out.
I've Been Here Awhile

Meowmix

1. The user was asking about ETFs. The Wireless Code may standardize all ETFs and ensure that ETFs are disclosed to all customers in an accessible manner. How is this off topic?

2. Please point out where I indicated that the Code would go into effect next year. I did say they may have a decision next year, but if you are following the issue as close as you claim, you will see that one issue in all the submissions is when the Code should be implemented after the CRTC arrives at a decision (two different things).

I believe that all Rogers customers must be informed about what the Wireless Code may do for them. It could save customers hundreds of dollars. The users initial question demonstrates that Rogers is not necessarily transparent when it comes to things like cancellation fees. If you read many of the comments by ordinary Canadians you will see that this is a major problem.

I've Been Around

Can you cancel online?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mceachi

No you can not. You will need to contact Rogers Retentions & they will be able to cancel it for you. Rogers live chat will just tell you to call & online My Rogers does not offer customers to cancel their lines.
I've Been Around

I just called and told them I had to cancel my contract (3 months early) as I am moving out of the country. I was told I had to pay a cancellation fee of approximately $80 for the landline and $80 for the internet.

The rep said and I quote, "if you move to a part of Canada that we do not service you pay no cancellation fee, but if you move out of Canada, you must pay the cancellation fee for each service."

Which makes absolutely no sense at all to me.

@amarjeet123 wrote:

I means to say that Rogers usually cancel the services  without any  fee , when you have to move out of canada or where they do not have service . I never said that  some one have to tell a lie .

I Plan to Stick Around

Asking before hand will not help you very much.  The reps will tell you a falsely low number like $13/month, when the reality is it will be much more.  You will not find out the true cost of cancellation until you actually sign up and try to cancel.  Then you get the news.

If you do get reps who tell you low numbers, if it is chat then record the chat including reference number in case you need it in the future.  And go into the store and ask the final costs associated with cancelling, get a rep to write them down and sign his name and employee number to the document.

Even in that case, where a Rogers rep explicitly told you something, they may not honor it.  This is the kind of company Rogers is.  Countless people have had promises made by Rogers reps and then the rug pulled out.