Spotify premium thru Rogers is more than if I just went thru Spotify. Why?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Spotify premium thru Rogers is more than if I just went thru Spotify. Why?

I have a share everything plan with 4 lines.  I chose to subscribe to Spotify Premium family plan, which was good for 3 lines, at a price of $19.99.  But then iIvisited the Spotify website, and the family plan direct from them is only $14.99, and it's good for up to 5 accounts.  What's up with that?

*Edited Labels

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Spotify premium thru Rogers is more than if I just went thru Spotify. Why?

Good shopping around - often what appears a good deal at first glance (called marketing), when you look around you may find a better deal.  This is called being a smart consumer.

Thanks for posting the information - what gives - business models and pricing models of different providers - just business.

Bruce

Hello, @belleriverking

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Until recently, Spotify also offered their family subscription for $19.99. Not too long ago, they changed their pricing to the one you see now. Rogers is currently reviewing this offering to make sure we continue giving our customers the best value.

Thank you for understanding!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMoin wrote:

Until recently, Spotify also offered their family subscription for $19.99. Not too long ago, they changed their pricing to the one you see now.  

Recently?

Spotify Premium for Family Plan Now Available in Canada

Spotify is now launching its highly coveted Premium for Family Plan in Canada effective Monday, September 26.

The Spotify Premium for Family Plan has been one of the most requested features from music lovers in Canada. The Premium for Family plan offers families up to six individual Spotify Premium accounts for only $14.99.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks for clarification @soupy  Even a better deal now - I see your confusion - recently - well maybe the definition of recently is a little over a year ago - or got the years mixed up 2016 versus 2017.  Smiley Wink

Provides an interesting perspective to the concept of "value added services" if the service is cheaper elsewhere and you don't have to change providers to get it.

So for some it will be a good deal, for others there are better deals as you found.  Always shop around before agreeing - that nice value added service may not be either value, or not a good deal.

Bruce