expat1010
I'm Here A Lot

Service is out since storm yesterday. No updates on status from Rogers

***Edited Labels***

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Service Interruption - Ottawa

hlboyd
I've Been Around

No service at all both Internet and cell service are non-existent. Typical Rogers - no mass updates - nothing

RogersCorey

Good morning @expat1010 and @hlboyd!

If you're still experiencing a service interruption in Ottawa, I'd be happy to look into this matter for you.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Stubbers
I've Been Here Awhile

Hydro power was restored about eight hours ago (2:00 am on May 23) but there has been no WiFi since then. I reset the modem several times but to no avail. What else can I do …… ?

The one question is an you access the internet when wired, say from a desktop computer that is connected to the router/modem?

We had no power outage at all (in Nepean), but lost wifi on Sunday am. Zero info from @RogersHelps. Running on data and still working from home. Not impressed.

Got a ticket from your tech support today. That took 36 hours. Still no service

Andrew778
I've Been Here Awhile

48 hours and nothing yet, i have like 3 tickets from tech which means nothing since they're not doing anything about it.  sorry but its frustrating to live in the age of modern tech and yet we cant get a measly update on whats going on with the outage but when its time to pay bills YOU GET 99 notifications reminding you its time to pay

expat1010
I'm Here A Lot
Ignite Internet service went Saturday it is now Tuesday and still no ETA on when service will be restored. Power has been back since early Sunday. Bell Fibre Internet in the area works fine.

ynnhoJ
I've Been Around

I have not had internet, ignite and home phone for 3 full days. I can't get any updates on when Rogers expects to restore services. Does anyone in K1H have any of these services? Does anyone have an update on expected time-frame to restore services? Thanks.

After 3 full days my ignite internet was restored today. Thank you to all the staff at Roger’s that worked on this issue for me. It is much appreciated

MrNiki
I've Been Around
K2G got power back today at 4am but no internet, unable to work from home :/. From what I gathered there is nothing I can personally do when the arrow pointing down on my modem is blinking…

Andrew778
I've Been Here Awhile

sadly ive joined the 72 hours+ without Internet or tv..... numerous tickets, a dozen text message updates saying sorry its been delayed but SOON... the word soon has no meaning any longer but anyway congrats to the ones that are back up and hopefully we can share that joy  "SOON"

gatkins
I've Been Around
No Wi-Fi or Ignite TV since Saturday at 7:00pm. About to go over my data limit. Rogers support says I will be charged since this is a weather event. I told them for them it's a weather event. For me it's a poorly planned non fault-tolerant infrastructure. I am now 90+ hours without service. How do I invoice Rogers for my lost service (90 hours x $100/hr = $9000.00 they owe me, so far)?

tctctc
I've Been Around

My Ignite internet is still out in Ottawa. Tried to chat with the virtual chatbot but the only "useful" info I got was that there is a service outage. I'm looking to understand how long we can expect to be without internet service. Is there an outage map with estimated time to restoration anywhere? Or somewhere showing the progress that is being made?

Lizzy369
I've Been Around
Would love to see that too! We can’t tell if there is both a general outage and one more local to us because of a fallen tree that hit the Rogers box
Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 12 in conversation