cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of my Rogers Hitron Router/Modem! What can I do?

TomWahl
I've Been Here Awhile

I recently was having some problems with my router, so I had to reboot it to factory settings. It worked fine and, things went well. I noticed though that the username and password were the typical default "cusadmin"  "password" and wanted to change them so no one but myself could get into the router settings. So I went to change a password, and after hitting apply I realized I made a mistake and hit stop to stop my browser from connection to change it and hit reload and it came up to the Hitron username password page, and I am locked out, I have tried every password ever associated with it, the default password on the bottom of the actual device, and the rogers password I had been using before I rebooted the device to factory settings and I cannot get in to the settings.

All I can do is use the internet. I tried rebooting, and I put a pin into the little reset button and reset the router/modem and it just goes back to the same old SSID, and I connect, it asks me to click the button on the side of the router for the security key and I do, and I get online. Problem is, I cannot get into the actual modem/router settings! And I cannot connect my android devices, or anything else because I do not know the password or key or anything.

What do I do? I am beyond frustrated and have spents hours trying to figure this out.

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Locked out of my Rogers Hitron Router/Modem! What can I do?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You'll have to do a FULL factory reset on it.

You would need to hold down the reset, for a good 20-30 seconds, and this should factory reset everything
(the wireless SSIDs, etc as well, etc).

Worse case, bar that, if you call into tech support, from their end, they should be able to do a factory reset for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You'll have to do a FULL factory reset on it.

You would need to hold down the reset, for a good 20-30 seconds, and this should factory reset everything
(the wireless SSIDs, etc as well, etc).

Worse case, bar that, if you call into tech support, from their end, they should be able to do a factory reset for you.

TomWahl
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, it worked. Turns out I hadn't held the reset button long enough. (only like 10 seconds). So I followed your advice and waited till about 45 seconds just to be safe and it reset everything including the username/password screen.

Thanks so much! I appreciate it a lot!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
No prob, glad you got back in 🙂
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation