cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Text Messaging - Blocking Numbers

PizzaSlice
I Plan to Stick Around

This concerns me. On one hand it says I have 2 blocked numbers. The next screen says I do not. I don't know which is correct. Setting up and blocking text messages through this system does not work as Rogers no longer supports the 7726 code to send phone numbers to as of September 2015. There doesn't seem to be anything else in it's place through Rogers to manage this. I have looked in the Rogers Community Forums but from what I saw, the discussion there was pretty old. Since you can block calls through One Number, it would make sense to also block text messages through there as well. However, you can't. If you block a call it should also ask you if you want to block texts from that number as well or at least assume that if you don't want calls from a number, you probably don't want texts either. Anyhow, anyone got any insight? Yes, I can block specific numbers via my phone's software but I wanted this handled at the Rogers level before it even gets to my phone. Thank you.

Extreme Menus

***edited labels***

The world is full of kind people. Can't find one? Be one.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Extreme Text Messaging - Blocking Numbers

PizzaSlice
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm good with considering the block lists have been deleted when the service ended.

As for testing, I would need a text message to be sent to me from the blocked number. Now that means I would have to ask an idiot to send me a message to see whether or not they are being blocked. Not gonna happen.

I am going to consider my inquiry into this matter closed. Thank you for your assistance.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RogersMay
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@PizzaSlice

Unfortunately the short code 7726 has been decommissioned.

At this time the text blocker option is not available through Extreme Text Messaging.

As you already mentioned you can block the specific numbers in your phone settings.

For users who may not know this, the unwanted messages can be blocked through the Messaging app on your phone: In the Options/Settings, select to block the sender from your phone.

Regards,
RogersMay

PizzaSlice
I Plan to Stick Around

I have to shake my head and wonder why the shortcode feature ended without anything thing in it's place. Now, looking at my photo, I show a conflict of exactly how many "blocked" numbers are in my Extreme Text Messaging service. The menu shows 2 yet when you enter through the menu, it says I have none. I'd like to find a way to know for sure. 

@PizzaSlice

Because the service is decomissioned, the numbers added to the block list should no longer be in effect.

The easiest way to test is to send a text message to those blocked numbers.
If it is still activated, it will block incoming along with outgoing SMS that are being sent to those numbers.

RogersMay

PizzaSlice
I Plan to Stick Around
I'm good with considering the block lists have been deleted when the service ended.

As for testing, I would need a text message to be sent to me from the blocked number. Now that means I would have to ask an idiot to send me a message to see whether or not they are being blocked. Not gonna happen.

I am going to consider my inquiry into this matter closed. Thank you for your assistance.

Daryll
I've Been Here Awhile

My son blocked me on my other phone with xtreme text messaging block . This is my account I pay the bill how do I remove my self from is Blick list I Ned to text him ?

Daryll
I've Been Here Awhile

I tried login in my rogers and selecting is phone number it does show 1 number block but I can't access it ... I know me I text 4716
Xtreme and I get the link but how can I do it for is phone ?

Hi @Daryll

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

In regards to your question, our Text Blocking service is no longer available through our Extreme Text Messaging feature. Because the service is decommissioned, the numbers previously added to the block list should no longer be in effect.

With that being said, most Smartphones nowadays have a built in feature to Block numbers as SPAM. Depending on how the block was applied, you may need to manually unblock your number via the device itself.

I hope this proves helpful to you.

@RogersRoland

shj2wong
I've Been Here Awhile

With 7726 (SPAM) no longer works and spam numbers are usually non 10-digit numbers, Rogers will keep charging you $0.15 per spam message until your account balance is less than $0.15.

What I now do is to keep my account balance as low as possible (ie. $0.10) and only top up whenever necessary.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation