cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

131313 text message

j32386
I've Been Around

I just got a blank message from a 131313 number. Did anyone else get this?

****Edited Labels****

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 131313 text message

Hi all 

I wanted to add an update on this. First, we want to apologize to any customer who was wrongly charged for my FXM Stock Tips. When this issue came to our attention, we immediately investigated and determined Rogers customers had been charged in error.

As a result, our customer care team will immediately credit the charge for customers who have brought this to our attention, and we are in the process of proactively crediting any customer that may have been affected. We have suspended the FXM Stock Tips text service so that no additional customers will be charged.

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60

op1990
I've Been Around

i just got this myself. curious about what it is.

I just got it too. What the heck is this?

emarsland
I've Been Around
just received a blank text from 131313 ...what's that about?!

http://txt.ca/codeList/codeListEN.php and do a search for 131313, they seem to be on this list, and appear to be a premium content provider,  so contact them and ask how they got your number and there is a contact number how to reach them.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

They could potentialy be SPAMING out to every number  555-1111, 555-1112, etc.

One thing you can do, is if you call into rogers, you can have them TURN OFF the texting features like that.. it completely disables the features, so there is no way one of these companies can try and charge you for anything.  This will not allow you to do legit ones though as well (like i think the weather network does one, its free, but it will block their stuff)

canada168
I've Been Around

Just received a blank message from a 131313 number. Logging in my account and find I was charged for $1 for message fee. What  a SCAM ! 

ling76
I've Been Around

Weird, I just received the same. No one knows what or where this is coming from?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

this has been answered, check my previous post, it gives your answer

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
There are 3rd party chargeable short texts. There are legit ones out there (for weather, etc). Where they will text you info, etc, but at a charge. They charge Rogers (or any carrier), he carrier pays them, then they pass on the charge.

There are more and more same places doing this though now.

Best thing I can recommend as above, call in you can get this turned off so it can NEVER happen again

Hmm
I Plan to Stick Around

deleted

Hmm
I Plan to Stick Around
The CRTC should put a stop to this illegal unsolicited practice. The carriers should stop paying to these companies, problem solved.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Hmm

If you look threw the list of the numbers, you will see it. Here you go.

" 131313 FXM Premium Subscriptions customerservice@fxminc.net 1-866-569-2226"

http://fxminc.net/

Hmm
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, i wasnt able to find it earlier.   It looks like they are spamming stocks.

Hmm
I Plan to Stick Around

Just an update. Looks like Fido Customers are also getting hit. Rogers doesn't seem to give a rats you know what. I was told I have to deal with the company that spammed me directly to get a credit. The only thing they would do is offer to block my SMS. Which I think is not an  acceptable solution.

Also, someone else posted some info here which now that I think about it must be complete nonesense. According to that poster, Rogers pays these spammers automatically so they have to charge the end user (me and you). This makes no sense.  since if I do what they suggest, block my sms, they (Rogers) will still have to pay the spammer for the message. How is Rogers solving the problem?  Why not just give everyone a credit for the message, no questions asked? 

In my case, I'll be writing to the Office of the President, CCing the CRTC, and also wrting to CBC's Marketplace. I suggest others do the same.

johnbwin
I've Been Here Awhile

Beware of 131313 (FXM Inc) txt messages - there will be a charge attached to your next Rogers Bill in the amount of $1.00 + tax.

Rogers rep informed me that there is nothing they can do about this charge except for me to call that company and have them issue me a credit. No luck with that as the number (866) 569 2226 is not available from my area (B.C.) - FXM Inc does have a commercial website @ http://fxminc.net/  and apparently this is what I agreed too: 

"I agree to sign up for "Daily Stock Tips Subscription" and acknowledge that I will receive 1 msg/weekday and be billed at a rate of $1 (CDN) per message ($20 per month up to a maximum of $23 on months with 5 weeks). You can unsubscribe from the service by replying STOP to 131313. If you require any assistance text HELP, ARRET or INFO to 131313."

Hmmm, wonder how they got my Cell # in the first place...

For any one concerned about future scams, Rogers does offer Premium Txt Msg Blocking (BLKSRA010) but you have to call or visit them to impliment it, I did.

JohnBWin

New Westminster, B.C.

dorisy
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I received the text with "131313", with no content, on Dec 27, 2012 6:56pm. I ignored it.

Last night , I received the online statement from Rogers, I was charged with $1 for Third Party Service, asking me to contact FMX Inc stocks tips for charge enquiry @ 1-866-569-2226 which is not available in my area at all.

I phoned Rogers for this complaint. The staff insisted me to pay the charge. He tried the number himself & never get connected. I refused to handup, he then refund the charge unwillingly.

I've text back "STOP" to this '131313". I won't pay further charge for this dishonest company or "service".

dorisy
I've Been Here Awhile
I Lived in Coquitlam. The 1-866-569-2226 would never work in our area. You have to phone Rogers customer Service to ask for the refund.

dorisy
I've Been Here Awhile
Yes, you will later find that you'll be charged with $1 for the third party services from FMX Inc stock tips. You have to complain to Rogers & ask them to block this company for you. You have to insist for a refund of relevant charge.

grace277
I've Been Here Awhile

Great News!!

I received a phone call from Lisa (customer service department at FXM) in regards to an email I had sent to them regarding a $1 charge on my October cellphone bill.   After reading the message boards, I was very surprised that they called and were so willing to help.  Anyhow, she was very polite and was able to assist me register the complaint with their customer service department via their website.  

It does not register you into a subscription, just allows for communication.  I suggest anyone who has an issue to register the complaint. I received my refund today…   I believe this is a legitimate company and urge anyone who may have an issue to contact them via the above link.

Their customer service was much better then Rogers.  🙂

*Edited for content*

grace277
I've Been Here Awhile

Not sure why Rogers would edit the proper link to retrieve the reimbursement from my previous message kinda sounds strange to me.

If I can't post a link, just visit the fxm website, you will see a link called customer support. Click on that link, and hit "I want co create an account now". Remember this is a sign up only to get a hold of a rep for their company so you can explain your situation and get your refund, it is NOT a subscription signup.

Rogers, how dare you stop me from helping other forum members here. Let me do my duty to help people here!

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats