cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up new phone

Sanderellaham
I've been here awhile
So apart from Rogers sending me an absolutely horrendous message saying that I didn’t send back my cell phone yet and if they didn’t get it by the 15th, they were going to charge me $552 even though I hadn’t yet received my new phone from them yet, but the instructions that they give to set up ones new phone have much to be desired. I’m looking everywhere on my iPhone for the change my device and change my Sim option and it’s nowhere to be found. I’m logged into my rogers. There is no options for usage and services and absolutely nothing under manage my device. Where on earth are these options because I’ve clicked everything within MyRogers, and not one thing says change my Sim.
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Setting up new phone

RogersYasmine

Hello @Sanderellaham,

Thanks for joining us in the Rogers Community and posting your concerns. 🙂

If you are looking to add your new SIM card to your existing wireless line, please have a look at the instructions found here in our updated Knowledge Base Article. 

I hope this helps! If you run into any issues, please let us know. 

Thank you,

RogersYasmine

30plusyearsmemb
I plan to stick around
Worse yet , we were in a Rogers official store and traded in our phones (3) we were so miss-informed, promised Disney channels, better rates, traded in our phones and were told that would cover. Everything, no apparently not still will owe 355.00 each phone when contract ends. Went back to store to review my concerns and was blown off with an apology and then offered discount prices off merchandise. Really?? also talked to loyalties

woodbrahm
I've been here awhile

Just call support. It only takes 5 hours. They transfer you from person to person to person to person. They will all  ask you the same . questions over and over again till you get so . off,  that you hang up the phone on them. and then you'll have to start all over again the next day. And waste another 5 hours. Think I'm exaggerating? I'm not!

30plusyearsmemb
I plan to stick around
I feel your pain, my friend, I feel your pain, Rogers cares nothing of its customers anymore over charges it so they can field their beloved Blue Jays

The craziest was I had to do my address change. It took forever cause I had to enter it at least 20 times, and it kept jumping back to my old address. And then I called to do it with support. The girl on the phone just couldn't get it right. I had to tell her my postal cote like 5 times. And then she read it back to me backwards. Finally she got it. I thought I completed my order, and I get an email conformation that they are shipping it. TO MY OLD ADDRESS!! So I called back only to be transferred a few times to tell the same story over and over. The next day, I got the box to return my old phone. It had a deadline within a week. The new one came 2 days later. The clock is ticking. Another 3 hours to set it up. And that includes calling them about why the SIM card isn't working.

30plusyearsmemb
I plan to stick around
You could write a book on the screwups rogers does day in day out.

It could end up as a best seller!

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation