LTE Apple watch support and plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

Hello @jleung

At the moment Rogers doesn't support the Apple Watch 3. They did state they will look in their "portfolio" later on but at the moment no.

You could buy it and gable on if they will activate it later on and u can use it but that's your choice of course.

Most likely they will but it will be either by the end of the year or sometime next year. Unfortunately no one knows that answer either.
I've Been Around

That kind of mentality that switching over a watch is some what ill concived, is what will lead to the down fall of Rogers.

Yes , I would switch too, I would switch for less. We live in an instant gratification world, and corporations are starting to get that, we want what we want now.

I am giving rogers till the release of the X, then i will switch if no support for the Appple watch 3 is offered.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @burrowes

To be honest I don't see them saying anything until after that launch. If the Bell exclusive is correct even for 3 months, Rogers will most likely say something after that.

It sucks they are saying they won't add it but add the 3 iPhones. Many want the service and watch.

We shall see.
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is so far behind, even its website is pass due, most of the pages don’t are not fully compatible with Apple iPhones and iPads lots of buttons do not response to touch screen, it’s not possible to simply « like » a comment it doen’t work we need to get on a computer...Come on Rogers your bread and butter is achieve with the IOS devices the least you could do would be to make it fully compatible.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @danheb

Weird on my iPad Air 2 I don't have a issue and same with my girlfriends iPhone 7 when accessing the website / forums. Hmm..

As for the watch. Yes i agree they need to get in times and say they will support it.
I Plan to Stick Around

It looks like you will have to wait for a really long time, Rogers has changed its song, here are the new lyrics

»We will look at launching the cellular Apple watch next year as we build system functionality to support this technology based on open standards. - Mahmood »

Be patient because after they build their systems to support the Apple Watch LTE they will still have to debug them and with Rogers programmers it could take a really long time. Maybe Rogers network will be ready for the Apple Watch series 9!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @danheb

Yeah I got a response like that yesterday. It shows that they will support it however not until next year.

I do think it's due to the systems and how they will make both devices work on one number and line. So Bell has already done so and Telus hasn't given a date but will support it. Now Rogers says they will support it but next when they do get the support and functions for it.

Atleast they gave us a different answer.
I Plan to Stick Around

What I meant was. It is not consistent sometimes the icon is dark and sometimes  it is light grey and it doesn’t react to the touch. On all my iPads Air 1, Air 2, Pro and iPhones 6s Plus and 7 Plus same things all on IOS 11. It was the same on 10,3.

I just figure it out, I needed to deactivate the developper profile.

I've Been Around

I will also switch to a carrier that support Apple Watch 3. 4 phone user.

I've Been Here Awhile

Well then.  I’ll go chat with Bell Canada and see what my options are.

Best,

Steve