LTE Apple watch support and plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

I love Rogers regardless some of it's short comings from time to time because of the value it gives to customers. But if it remains it's short coming not to support Apple Watch 3 LTE, that's not something to forgive!
How come Bell and Telus are ahead of you anticipating customer's needs!!!
Come on Rogers get sinched before Apple Watch LTE is out 😐
I've Been Here Awhile

+1 on Rogers supporting the Apple Watch 3 LTE

Definitely considering switching to Telus if support is not announced by the time Telus makes it available.

I'm Here A Lot

It seems that Rogers cannot offer the Apple Watch LTE because their network needs to be upgraded. Bell made a great marketing move in readying theirs. Rogers will be surprised how many people switch.. not over a “watch” but over a next generation device that heralds the future of connectivity. Health apps, music connections, deviceless calling. This is no “watch” just like the iPhone was no mere “phone”. Rogers has missed the boat. Bell wins.
I'm Here A Lot

And one more thing...

Rigers is MIA in integration with Apple TV.Rogers cable box is so outdated. Their attempt at all digital TV ended in failure.

I also like CRAVE tv: the Rogers equivalent is history. What was it called...?

And magazines.. texture is nice but Bell’s linkup with Press Reader is better with more choices.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Trk1951

Rogers was the only one to bring the iPhone 3G to Canada because the had GSM. Bell and Telus did not until I believe the 3GS or 4.

I get what u are saying but again it's everyone's decision on how they see it. Rogers most likely will get it at a later time or rather see the demand before they put millions into it. Rogers is bringing out their IPTV with Comcast in 2018. They do have alot of issues with their boxes and interface I do agree to that. Shomi was over all a Rogers and Shaw problem which happened to be that it did not make the cut as many still used Netflix and crave TV or other apps. It failed because many did not go for it even when it was free.

This has to do with the Apple watch and not all the other products they own. Let's stay on topic here...
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers not supporting the new watch?

Bye...moving to a tech company that keeps up with the latest tech

BTW with LTE is no longer just a watch

I'm Here A Lot

If the topic is “leaving Rogers over Apple Watch“, then giving other reasons for leaving Rogers is in fact on topic.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Trk1951

The topic of this thread it called " LTE Apple watch support and plan".

It has nothing to do with their other service such as cable, internet or apps. It's about the watch.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @deeplakes

No one said Rogers will never support it. Rogers made a comment that at this moment they are focusing on the new iPhones and not on the watch. Maybe they will support it in a couple of months or weeks. Who knows.

In the end to each their own.
I Plan to Stick Around

They will be given some time to come onboard, but certainly the big three are all expected to support this within a reasonable time.....Rogers should be mindful of this.