LTE Apple watch support and plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

It is much too early for any leak to be real and not completely made up. A new watch wouldn't even likely be announced until WWDC (June/July 2018) or later. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bdobson

While that is true, however most leaks that are leaked out (98%) of them have always been real...

We shall see. However carriers won't go for a Series 4 LTE if they invested in the Series 3 LTE Watch. So you would just be buying it outright instead of on a contract like Telus and such. ( Telus finance).
I Plan to Stick Around

I've always bought devices outright so that's not a concern.

The cellular technology that Apple would use in the current series 3 watches would be the same in the series 4. It's just a software based sim (an e-sim) so once it's supported, it should always be. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bdobson

Yeah that's true. What I am talking about is them selling the watch, not supporting it... They will support it of course but I don't think carriers will sell the series 4 unless they see a huge demand of them being bought from the carriers.

The only carrier I see getting it right is Telus with the financing they have. I am doing that with them and its the same price just diveded in 24 months.

Either way to each their own. We shall see what that brings out next fall.
I've Been Around

Is there any update on when and if Rogers will support Apple Watch with LTE ?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mboy07125

Unfortunately as I said above, there isn't any new updates.
I've Been Around

It’s a right pain in the rump that Rogers is so far behind on this.

I'm Here A Lot

So I just upgraded my Apple watch to be able to receive calls/texts without my phone around and now I am looking for a new plan with a new provider.  It's very unfortunate, as I am happy with the service I am getting with Rogers.  

I'm Here A Lot

I don't understand why you think it's "beyond" you to figure out why people want to switch because of the Apple Watch issue.  Have you ever tried jogging with an iPhone 7 Plus as opposed to a Watch with AirPods?  We would also like to be able to receive urgent calls during our workouts from our family at the same time.  Balancing both requires us to have a Watch.  The ability to pick up arrhythmias like atrial fibrillation during workouts is a nice feature to have as well.  

The Watch is very important to some of us and you can add me to your list of switchers if Rogers does not offer this within a month or two at most.  My self and my wife will be jumping over to Telus or Bell.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @spit

I rewrote my post on another page regarding this. After picking up the watch and been using it at work ( -Produce manager) I can tell you it's worth it. The only reason I wrote that at the time was because I didn't have it and didn't see a need for switching carriers to do so. Since I am with Telus I got it and tried it out and like it. The only issue I find is the screen gets scratched very easily. Thankfully Apple changed that and gave me an extra Black Sports band and extra charger for the issue.

Rogers will indeed bring it before the summer. That I know since a manager I communicate showed me a email regarding the E-sim post. So we shall see what date will be given.