cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Apple watch support and plan

Jay_Starks
I plan to stick around

Any idea on when the new Lte Apple watch will be supported on the Rogers network? If it is supported what would be the price plan? 

***Added Labels***

369 REPLIES 369

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

I’m planning on purchasing the Apple Watch but I’m waiting until the Series 4 is released. I may end up with a series 3 but I’m waiting to do a comparison. I’ve been a Rogers fan for many years and am waiting to see what happens in the fall. If they’re not going to support Apple Watch when I make my purchase wont matter to me. I will move my business to Bell. No sweat !

Datsyuk
I've been here awhile
My iPhone cellular contact is up shortly. If there is no Apple Watch cellular support by then I will have no choice.but to head to TELUS.

supervillain
I plan to stick around

Just posting to keep this at the top! Still the same radio silence from Rogers on this issue.  Does any rogers rep have any updates? 

bohdiezapha
I've been around

Well same old song and dance with Rogers.   Been with them for over 12 years and it’s coming to an end in October.   Iwatch 4 soon to be released and I’m gone!   Bell? Telus? Had enough of this silence from Rogers.  

No excuses 

See ya Rogers...

bdobson
I plan to stick around

It's really sad at this point and I want to be as polite as possible here. Now, let's be clear that when we say BOTH Bell and Telus that's not difficult as they share an LTE network across Canada so if one gets it the other can as well. This is not an excuse for Rogers not to do it. 

Granted this sad state saved me money and I never bought the 3rd generation.

If they do not have it avaialble on Day 1 of the 4th generation I'm gone.

I feel ya!

Dopaminez
I've been around

It's realllly frustrating that Rogers has not supported this.  I bought the Apple watch 3 after convincing myself that Rogers wouldn't fall behind other carriers, and they failed to deliver.  It's been almost a year.  Super annoyed I spent the extra money on the Cellular version, because I can't even use that functionality.  I've remained a loyal customer, but  I just can't believe they would do this.

Pretty ridiculous. 

jcvd007
I plan to stick around
I think this should make the news like Global or CityTV and trust me damaged control will kick in ASAP!

Datsyuk
I've been here awhile
Super disappointing. My cellular plan with Rogers expires in 3 months. I will be getting the Apple Watch Series 4 with cellular and forced to go with a provider that can accommodate this.

you’re not alone my friend! Keep your fingers crossed perhaps Rogers will support the Apple Watch when the Series 4 is launched? If not there are people like me who will pay more to switch simply because my contract isn’t up yet! Have faith!

Th1ef
I plan to stick around

Technically the Apple Watch 3 and the new Apple Watch have eSIM for sure. I want to buy the Apple Watch 4 but without Rogers supporting eSIM there’s no point. This is somewhat concerning from one of Canadas largest carriers, even Bell had eSIM up for launch day of Apple Watch 3 last year. Heading into the 8th month of the year now with still no clear sight of eSIM support at Rogers. I get they said 2018 so we will continue to give them the benifit of the doubt until December 31st but if it’s not here by then.. be ready for the riots guys....

From what I’ve seen Rogers reason behind not having the Apple Watch 3 w/ LTE is because there’s already rumours of the Apple Watch 4 👏🏾👏🏾

Congrats to Bell and Telus for playing the short game - Rogers is in it to win it! Smart move business wise if you ask me 😉

Hopefully the Rogers faithful will get decent deal on data plans when they start carrying the Apple Watch (4 and not 3, fingers crossed) 🤞🏾

Switching providers for a watch is also beyond me! (even though I love my tech.)

jcvd007
I plan to stick around
So what’s your solution? Why don’t we take this the local news and get them to push the envelope??

I consider Rogers move smart because they won’t have any back stock of 3’s when the 4’s come out. They’re obviously not too worried about defecting customers after gaining a lot of customers recently - probably offsets the customers they are forecasted to lose 🤷🏾‍♂️ But what do I know about running a multi million dollar telecom business? 😅😅

JjspOg
I plan to stick around

1-they wouldn’t have had to worry about having too much stock if they’d been on the ball and ready.

2-what do you mean “all the customers they’ve gained recently”? There’s nothing that makes them more attractive than Bell and Telus.

3-there’s a difference between carrying the physical watches for sale and just supporting them on the network. It was free money they’d be bringing in and keeping their customers (by keeping their customers happy) by just supporting wearable tech, not selling the hardware themselves.

JjspOg
I plan to stick around

Glitches? What are you talking about? It’s the third iteration of the device in question and wearable tech is new, but this is the third version. And Apple didn’t invent eSim technology. It’s proven tech and to my knowledge there hasn’t been any major glitches for Apple Watch on either Bell or Telus, so your argument falls flat.

Have a good day.

supervillain
I plan to stick around

That may work, Rogers seems to be just ignoring us here on this board!

Maybe someone with a twitter account could reach out to mobilesyrup or, I dunno, iphoneincanada website?

I just sent an email to mobilesyrup to see if they have any contacts at rogers who can clear things up.  If other people do that as well, they may give it a shot!

I don't think its that big of a story for like CBC or something to pick up!

Re: Apple Watch and Wifi

So... now mid August 2018: when will Rogers support the Apple Watch 3 cellular functions???

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast

Still no info. Really hoping the next iphone have esim and or dual sims. And a bigger battery than 2500 Mah.. Lol

I was just wondering if there was an update or any word on being able to provide service to your rogers customers who have apple iwatch?

Garygouril
I plan to stick around

Luck has nothing to do with it. Rogers still has said nothing about supporting Apple watch LTE. Anyway, Telus has saved me cash and supported the watch a long time ago.