cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Apple watch support and plan

Jay_Starks
I Plan to Stick Around

Any idea on when the new Lte Apple watch will be supported on the Rogers network? If it is supported what would be the price plan? 

***Added Labels***

369 REPLIES 369

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

Rob20
I've Been Here Awhile
Well said DrWag!

DrWag
I've Been Here Awhile

Well said grpalmer!!

DrWag
I've Been Here Awhile
Well said gustav!!

danheb
I Plan to Stick Around

K33N3R you remembered wrong. Back in 2009 Rogers didn’t have any exclusivity with Apple Rogers had the only GSM cellular network in Canada big difference Bell and Telus had CDMA networks!!

Thanks to the 2010 olympics Bell and Telus were on a rush to deploy their new GSM networks to be able to offer a cellular solution to all the tourists that we coming in Canada back in 2010 less than 20% on the planet used CDMA network inclunding China. For the Apple watch series 3 there is no exclusivity only Rogers network that doesn’t support eSim and can’t asign a single phone number on two different devices and that is how the Apple Watch Series 3 is all about.

Apple finally supported the CDMA technology with the iPhone 4S for China.

the only exclusivity deal was in the USA with AT&T old grudge between Apple and Sprint and Verizon for not wnting to get the iPhone from the start.

pvwatson
I've Been Here Awhile
I have bought an Apple Watch with LTE. GUESS I'll have to switch to Bell. Unfortunately.