Apple Family Setup

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulfielding
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple Family Setup

So Indeed it didn't work for me when I tried - it said my account cannot be setup for Family Setup.  So I called Rogers again and told them the whole story - the guy I talked to says that indeed I should be able to set it up.  He spent 20 minutes with me trying to get it going, but then I had to run to an appointment, so he's calling me back later today to make it happen.   Soooo,  while I don't have it working yet, it certainly seems more than one person in Rogers thinks I should be able to and is trying to help make it happen.  I'll update again once I'm finished with him....

Nan987
I've Been Here Awhile

The family setup does work (I have 2 watches connected on my phone). You need to have a cellular version (not only the GPS version). The problem is that it’s not possible to add a $10 plan for a second watch. Only Bell offers it at the moment and it’s very disappointing.
moldyCrow
I'm Here A Lot

It's not available from rogers, as per Apple's website.

paulfielding
I Plan to Stick Around

Sure.  Except that I've talked to two people at Rogers who are telling me it is supported.  They're currently trying to sort it out for me right now.    We all realize the website doesn't indicate support for Rogers yet, but I'm saying that I'm talking to Rogers folks who are telling me otherwise....

moldyCrow
I'm Here A Lot

That's great, but those are reps at the end of a phone line...sorry if I don't have much faith in Rogers' customer support.

Apple updates their stuff regularly; they'd be the first to promote something like this. Rogers does not offer family setup, right now. There would have been an announcement already. Seriously.

(If they're 'looking into it,' doesn't that already suggest something is wrong?)

paulfielding
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh I agree with you completely - however occasionally when new features are enabled, it can be enabled for awhile before they do a marketing push, just in case they encounter initial problems.  I had no full on expectations that it should work, but I think if someone at Rogers is telling me that it should work, and is putting in the effort to get it working for me, don't you think it would be silly for me not to let them try (as long as I have appropriate expectations around them failing)?

As it turns out, I've just gotten off the phone with them - they have now confirmed that it is not yet enabled, and agreed that there is some confusing messaging going on with their support staff, which will be reported on so it can be fixed.   I'll now contentedly go back to waiting for further news....

Testerone
I've Been Here Awhile

One solution (since Rogers seems content to lose $10/month to Bell): activate a stand-alone watch plan through Bell, borrow a Bell SIM card to set it up and then swap back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/comments/mavxge/apple_watch_cellular_family_setup_canada/
moldyCrow
I'm Here A Lot

This doesn’t work. I tried it.
DukeofYYC
I've Been Here Awhile

I moved to Bell and did as per the Reddit thread.  

paulfielding
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm definitely interested in hearing from other people who try the reddit thread approach, and if it works/doesn't work for them.