Wireless Plans & Pricing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Wireless Plans & Pricing

Hi 57,

Really appreciate the additional information. I did a bit of reading up and research on PAYG after Bruce indicated it might be something to look at.

While this is probably now diverging away from Rogers specifically, I will let everyone know what I ended up doing. On the recommendation of several co-workers that were more or less in my situation I elected to use VOIP.ms.

This service allowed me to setup an account (free), port my Rogers number over (1 week - $8USD on time fee), and then set it up with forwarding (text/calls/etc.) to my corporate cellphone ($4USD/month) -- no additional charges. I can also port my number back to Rogers or others down the road. They also have full web consoles, technical support for VOIP equipment and soft phones so I can simply use my personal number for text/calls on my corporate phone.

I do know this ends my loyalty and connection to Rogers that has lasted since they were still Cantel. Unfortunately, loyalty doesn't equate to paying nearly $800 a year for something I don't actually use. I was truly hoping that Rogers would have done something special or offered a cheap way to just keep my line live.

Many thanks to Bruce and the others on this board that have helped me out recently and over the years.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I couldn't agree more @missy_esp. I also missed out on that promotion because I was in BC for Christmas. And a few days after Christmas when I returned, there was no way they could offer it to me. Now it seems like they don't even want to keep me as a customer. I can move to another network and get a "migration plan" which is $55 for unlimited Canda talk and text with 6 GB of data. Rogers will offer me a similar plan but it's $75 , and that's from the 'retention department". The ridiculous thing is that Rogers ALSO has the same 'migration plan' but you have to be a new customer coming from Chatr or Koodo I think. Nonsense if you ask me. I think I will move on and cut my bill in half.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Why fee to go back to original plan?

When i first took out a plan with Rogers wireless, ( my plan is a 2 yr plan ), I choose the plan for $45 a month. I do not have a shared plan. I have a non share because I only have the one phone and I am the only one who has a cell. Last year before going on vacation, I decided to add more data to my plan so I changed my plan to the $85 plan. After a few months ? Approx 7 months after I changed my plan, I decided that I don't need that much data because I very rarely use data at all! My data usage per month is something like 32mb. So I tried to change my plan back to my ORIGINAL PLAN I first had when I got this phone. But Rogers wants me to pay $85 to change back to my ORIGINAL plan! It says because I am going with a lower plan than my original! Which is not true! My original plan was only $45. I changed my original plan to a higher one! So it's not my original plan! I should not have to pay $85 to go back to my ORIGINAL $45 plan! This is a huge rip off. My plan is finished this Aug 1st 2018. And I will be cancelling my wireless with Rogers. I'm paying $98 for 1.5 GB. That I never use. Unlimited talking and early evening. That's very expensive compared to other plans where I can get 2 GB data unlimited talk unlimited text free video and pic sending and early evening for only $50 a month and includes free new top of the line cell phone! I'm paying double price for a older phone with less data and limited talk of 300 mins daytime. In the meantime.. Rogers should allow me to go back to the plan I signed up for without charging me $85! Grrrr

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I agree with you fully on your points, but wonder, did you get a new phone with one of the bigger tabs, like premium.

You can get them on non share plans too.

If you did, the terms are such that you have to pay the penalty as their was a subsidy built into the tab plan.

If you didn't get a phone, I agree, I don't see why you couldn't go back to a smaller non-share plan, at least close to what you had before.  This is why I have never done purchases on premium plans, and if getting a phone it is on smart tab (usually no term on change of plan), just means that I have to pay balance of phone, or I buy outright.

It is in the fine print that they catch us on this stuff.

Since you have already called in, consider community helps here via private message, or just consider escalation process and see where it takes you.  If you plan to go if not satisified, nothing really to lose.

Good luck on whatever you do.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@BS wrote:

Thanks @barndoor  we think alike, and that is why we interact a lot.

I will rephrase your last comment a bit:

"Now the service and product  information availability ...that is a whole nother kettle of fish ."

All the best to all in finding services that are affordable and meet your needs.  For those who can afford the higher levels, go for it, I was once that way too, but remember to once and a while think about us that can't and demand that companies provide a basic affordable level for those who need it and can't afford their new bottom tiers.  You may be there someday too, illness, emergencies, loss of jobs, etc can hit at any time.

done preaching.

Bruce

@BS and @barndoor  I am having difficulty posting alternate "services that are affordable and meet your needs."

Will send a personal message (PM).

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Plan price gouge   Why is it in manatoba and Saskatchewan...

Why is it in manatoba and Saskatchewan you can still get 10 gig plans for 60 dollers and ontario is charged 115 for the same thing. With more customers in ontario even Quebec is under 100 doller for a 10 gig plan . I have been a loyal customers of rogers for over 14 years an now find out I have been paying now the neighboring provences going to have to start looking into porting my number to manatoba or suitcase carrer like freedom. As I hate over paying. Where is the best plans

Highlighted

Good morning @Taco123!

Welcome to our Community!

I know the price differences between provinces may be difficult to understand but each province is its own respective market and priced accordingly.

I would not recommend porting your phone number to another provinces plan unless you plan on moving to said province. If your usage is consistently over 50% outside the province the plan is offered in, the account may be flagged and your plan changed to an equivalent in-market plan.

If you'd like for us to look into available plans for you to find you the best plan, please PM us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with this process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I've Been Around

My 2 yr plan is up....my phone that I got with the plan should be paid for....my question is ...shouldn't my plan drop in price cause I have no co tract and the phone is played for...

Highlighted

Good evening & welcome to the Community @662,

You should be able to check the subsidy status on MyRogers. As far as the change to a No Tab plan is concerned, we do not make any changes to a user's plan unless it's requested by the Account Holder or an Authorized Contact. If you feel are interested in saving on your monthly plan by switching to a No Tab plan, feel free to reach out to us and we'd be happy to assist you. 

You can contact us via PM to CommunityHelps or contact us via Twitter @RogersHelps or on Facebook.com/Rogers. 

You can find more information on our private message system here

RogersZia

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Better price for GB I'm currently paying $115 for 1GB. I can switch providers for $65 and get 5GB.