Terminate Wireless Contract - Subsidy End Date?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Terminate Wireless Contract - Subsidy End Date?

Hi,
I have taken apple mobile on 2 year contract with rogers. If i have to relocate and I want to terminate my contract, what would be the charges that I would end up paying?

Thanks in advance

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Terminate Wireless Contract - Subsidy End Date?

Good evening @Sushma,

Thanks for joining the Rogers Community!

We’re sorry to hear you’re considering cancelling your Rogers services. Our goal is to exceed expectations by providing you the best products and services.

The amount you will need to pay, in the instance where you terminate your contract early, depends on the amount of time left and on the original subsidy received. Your balance reduces each month by an equal amount during the term of your agreement. Check your device balance at rogers.com/devicebalance!

We need to speak with you in order to process your cancellation request and ensure you are informed of any details relating to your account changes. Please contact us at 1 (855) 381-7834 to resolve any issues or to assist you with the cancellation process. Find more options, on how to reach one of us, at rogers.com/contactus.

If you'd like us to correspond with you to discuss this matter, send us a private message. Please, send the PM to our @CommunityHelps inbox. You can learn how to do so, here.

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Good evening @Sushma,

Thanks for joining the Rogers Community!

We’re sorry to hear you’re considering cancelling your Rogers services. Our goal is to exceed expectations by providing you the best products and services.

The amount you will need to pay, in the instance where you terminate your contract early, depends on the amount of time left and on the original subsidy received. Your balance reduces each month by an equal amount during the term of your agreement. Check your device balance at rogers.com/devicebalance!

We need to speak with you in order to process your cancellation request and ensure you are informed of any details relating to your account changes. Please contact us at 1 (855) 381-7834 to resolve any issues or to assist you with the cancellation process. Find more options, on how to reach one of us, at rogers.com/contactus.

If you'd like us to correspond with you to discuss this matter, send us a private message. Please, send the PM to our @CommunityHelps inbox. You can learn how to do so, here.

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I     to am  canceling my rogers contract.I/m a senior and not to tech savy so when i was talking to a rogers salesperson who promised me a new phone and she said it would only cost me about 25 dollars more i jumped at it.Now i find i'm a year into my contract and i'm paying $130 WITH TAXES.I was told that if i buy out my phone i could get my bill down to $60 PLUS TAX.Now in this situation does rogers help with a small portion of the buyout?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just an explanation on how the phones, contracts, payments, etc work. For next time.. as well as with other providers, as they generally all operate the same.

Each phone has a base hardware cost.. depending on the phone.. could be $500 or $1500, etc.
Lets for the sake of this example, go with a $750 phone.
When you are getting that phone for $0, Rogers is essentially giving you a $750 loan.

There is a base price for the phone plan (voice, data, etc).  In this case possibly $60 plan?
Then you take the $750 divided by 24months = $31+ additional per month for the 24 months till the loan is paid off.

That may be what the guy was going on about, with the $25 more.. its $25 more per month?
Though, they should have gone through ALL the details on the contract, etc.  It should show everything on it, as to what the breakdown for each month would be, etc.

Buying out the phone (paying back that loan) would take it down to being just paying for whatever the monthly fee  for the service is.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi dear manager
My question is : when finish my contract?
Thanks

Highlighted

Hi @Masoudjavidrad!

Welcome to the Community!

This is a public forum so for account specific inquiries please reach out to support via Facebook Message or Twitter DM. For more contact information you can visit: http://www.rogers.com/contactus. One of our support agents would be happy to assist.

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

That's is vital information that should be available when you log into your account. but it isn't. Perhaps I can request that enhancement be added to the account. 

Thnx

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For your home services, agree there should be somewhere where you can see what the expiry on any contract/promotions is.

As for the cellular, you can see that.
As the 'contract' is tied to the device contract only, you should be able to see this when you go into your cell on the MyRogers.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Just curious what happens if I want to cancel my contract with Rogers? I've been with Rogers for awhile now but recently upgraded my device and am now on a two year contract and my phone bill is crazy expensive. Almost $200/month. I'm a single mom of a one year old and with eeverything going on in the world right now, im not working. The last thing I see as a basic need is a $175 phone bill, especially when Shaw is offering unlimited everything plans for $45. I guess my question is... If I return the phone that I got from Rogers, can I cancel my contract without any major fees?

Highlighted

Good afternoon @cunning_stunts,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for your post! We appreciate you took the time to share your current situation with us. We’re sorry to hear you’re considering cancelling your Rogers services. Our goal is to exceed expectations by providing you the best products and services. 

If you cancel your smartphone plan, your final bill will be generated on your next regular billing date. You will get an email when your final bill is ready for you. This final bill will include:

• Your remaining monthly service fees
  • Any unbilled charges such as roaming and data overages
  • Any balance remaining on your device subsidy

If you aren’t satisfied with your Rogers device, you can return it within 15 days from the date of purchase. If you’re past the 15-day exchange period, feel free to reach out to one of our agents via any channel and we can surely discuss your options.

To absorb the remaining balance financed on the device you got, you can consider selling the actual phone to a friend/family member or through a small ads service.

If you know someone willing to take over your current Rogers line (along with your phone subsidy/financing), we can help you perform a Transfer of Responsibility. It is the process used to change the ownership of your wireless numbers for an existing or new customer. The new customer will assume full responsibility for the account.

For a Transfer of Responsibility, your account must be in good standing with no past due balances, you must authorize this request by contacting us. It's recommended to have the new customer (taking over the line) available. The new customer will be informed of the credit check requirement and the price plan tenure, terms and conditions will also be explained. If applicable, the security deposit you paid for the wireless number will be refunded to your account once the transfer is completed.

If you are not sure what to do for now and you'd like our assistance in seeing if the current cost of your services can be lowered, please reach out to us through private message. To do so, send a PM to @CommunityHelps so we can locate your account information and get started. If you aren't familiar with our private messaging system, click here.

Thanks!

RogersMaude