Rogers Ignite Internet Package Pricing - Website vs. Billed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Rogers Ignite Internet Package Pricing - Website vs. Billed

My roommate and I bought a 1Gbps unlimited internet package from Rogers...  everything went fine except when I received the bill for this month , which goes as in the picture.

Sans titre.png

But the thing is, when I re-check on the website, the pricing for 1Gbps unlimited internet plan is $104.99/month plus applicable taxes .  I've tried to contact the live chat support on the website, but to no avail and they just said session timed out.  

Inkedrogers internet plan_LI.jpg

***Added Labels***

Re: Rogers Ignite Internet Package Pricing - Website vs. Billed

Good evening @amirul,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for your post!

I understand your desire to ensure that you get the best pricing for your package.

If you subscribed to your package months ago, the price may have changed since then and your account's package won't be changed until you contact us to do so.

Keep in mind that if you get a discount on your current services, it may not be compatible with the lower priced internet tier you see online.

If you would like us to review your current services, you may visit www.rogers.com/contactus or send a Private Message to us here @CommunityHelps. Please click HERE, for instructions on how to send a Private Message. 

Regards,

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

My internet plan says its ROGERS IGNITE 100U for $103.99 I dont see it on https://www.rogers.com/consumer/internet

it shows 

ROGERS IGNITE 75U for 69.99

ROGERS IGNITE 150U for 84.99

ROGERS IGNITE 300U for 94.99

I assume ive been paying 103.99 for internet 100Mbps when I could be paying 84.99 for 150Mbps

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@untouchable855 : The 100U is probably an older package. Rogers will need to look at your overall price (if you have more than internet). See post 2 on how to contact the mods here on the forum via PM, or contact Rogers in one of the many other ways available:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

I've Been Here Awhile

Just wondering if I am the only one paying $125 a month for ignite 150. Because online it says its only $85.00. I chatted online with someone. But it left me even more confused about the billing.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When Rogers reduces its price for a plan, it doesn't alert its customers who are currently on that plan to the reduced price.   You have to find that out for yourself and then discuss updating your plan to the current plan code.  If you only have internet service, no contract and no penalty, you should be able to ask the Customer Service Rep switch to the new plan.  However, nothing like this is ever easy.  You also have to be careful if you happen have a bundled plan, as any change might result in increases in the other components of the bundle, so, saving money on one component might cost money for the other components.  The question to the CSR should basically be "How do I switch to the current plan cost of $85, and what if any, are the costs for doing so?"  Ask specifically about any "plan switching costs" to avoid any surprises.

I see the 150 plan listed for $89.99 for Ontario.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hiya tried your way. Chatted with a Rogers person. Asked about getting the lower rate. She said it was for new customers. We were going back and forth and while we were chatting i received this email....(Thanks for updating your Rogers account.  We’ve made your requested changes. Confirmation number). Bam!!! I thought problem solved. We chatted a bit more. And said our goodbyes.... My bill has come and no changes whatsoever. I thought it was sorted. Now what? Is my next inquiry.

Good evening @gardooney,

Welcome to the Community!

Typically an account change email will include what was changed on your account. Did you accept a new pricing during the conversation? Also if there were any changes made to the pricing on the billing cycle end date, they may not reflect on the current invoice. I would recommend you to check what your current services are via MyRogers to get a better idea.

Let us know if you have any further questions 🙂.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanx Zia. I only have internet service. And the email I received stated Your Changes...(Gigwifimodem, Rogers ignite 150.). Then it say Removed Rogers ignite 150.And my current plan at My Rogers says Rogers Ignite 150. So what’s changed?

Good evening @gardooney,

We'd have to take a closer look into your account to best answer your question. Since Community is a public platform I'd recommend you to reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance.

If you're not familiar with our private message system, please click here to learn more! 

RogersZia