Rogers Complaint Process

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Complaint Process

How do we complain about someone in the office of the president who is ignoring my calls, and has made major mistakes in my account?  I've left three voice mail messages for them to call me back and they've all gone ignored, and over the past 2.5 months, my bill is wrong,  and service was interrupted on my lines due to her splitting my bills up and not sending me the second bill!

Is this the new way Rogers treats their customers???  

I'm a Senior Advisor

@KyleJ  You have two options - one contact the ombudsman providing your full documentation and story of events in as much detail as you can.

Or you can do the same by filing a concern with the CCTS.

As per escalation policy for Rogers as reported on bills and on their sites. 

INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMER SUPPORT
If you have a concern that was not resolved, then we invite you to submit
a Share A Concern form (located at
www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern) and we'll respond
within 1 business day. If you're not satisfied with the resolution by one
of our management team members, then you also have the option to speak to
our office of the president or even directly with the Ombudsman office.
Finally, you can also write to the Commissioner for Complaints for
Telecommunications Services (CCTS): www.ccts-cprst.ca or 1-888-221-1687"

You are already at the third level - CCTS you submit online, but you can call for advise and direction.

On their site you will also see examples of concerns they have reviewed and the outcomes - not always in customer's favour by the way, all depends.  Be explicit on exactly what outcome you are expecting and if you wish to discuss compensation for your time and inconvenience, that may be considered too.  But most important is to get your issues straightened out and be able to move forward.

Rogers is the only company to have an Ombudsman, but there is no requirement that you use that route, although it may be worth it to try to get past the block you are experiencing at the Office of the President.

I have noticed that it has become very difficult to locate the following information - I got it through a search on their help site and found the link to the office.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/office-of-the-ombudsman

No where in the share a concern area does it provide this information or links to it, so I guess you could always do a chat and ask them how to get to the office.

It seems that although the procedures for escalation are still in effect, but little information on the process or contacts is being provided, except for the online share a concern under contact us.

I used to be able to just post a single link with all details and it was easily found, but I feel like I have become the resident expert on how to work this process.

Good luck.

Bruce

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your help well close to three weeks later and I finally received a callback from them. I must say I'm disgusted on how they treated my file.  Not only did the lady alter my story she ends the call with sorry that's the best we can do. So they took a bill that was ok, played around in it, and now I'm forced to pay 80$ more per month, and no one wants to help.  

I've been with Rogers for close to 20 years and looks like I'll finally be saying good bye when my contract is up, due to the unprofessional and poor handling of my account. 

Kyle.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Depending upon whether you accepted their offer, you still have levels of escalation available to you.

Even if you did accept the offer, you still are able to provide a summary of how you were treated, the delay, your perception that your story was changed and go to the final step of the CCTC.

Of just go on with life, stuck with the feeling of being burned, with the knowledge that as you get closer to the end of your contract, you may want to eat the charges to close your plan out, get your unlock for free in December as now mandated by CCTC, and look for services elsewhere.

There is a point where one may be willing to eat additional costs, you are already eating costs, just to get the bad taste out of the mouth. Doesn't mean that the next group will be any better, but you can at least control who you want to have service from.

I relate too well what you have been through, I have had the same mixed results in fighting for what I believed was right for me and fair to the provider, without a doubt you have been through a lot.

Congrats on standing up for your self, no matter what the outcome was.

All the best in your future decisions on your services, no matter what you decided.

Just to clarify, I am not a Rogers repensative or spokesman in anyway.  I am a customer like you who has good and bad times with their services (I am batting 5/8 interactions with error in the last 2 months, all simple changes that I have partially corrected at this point - have to see my next bill and decide how I want to proceed).

For me, personally, I still have my cell phones, my subsidized phone is not high, my plan is low demand for my low needs, but the subsidy is low enough that I could comfortably walk away if I so choose and when December comes, at least the lock issue will no longer apply, although we already have some service functions tied directly to their branded software versions and hardware.

I have my options all laid out to end all other services, and that will be done before the contract runs out.

So as I already said, glad to be of assistance, definitely disappointing that you have to fight so hard to in your case get so little, and have your story that you stand behind twisted in ways, you may not recognize it.

Take care, and glad to help.

Bruce

Hello @KyleJ,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for sharing your experience.

Sorry this has been such an ordeal for you. I'd like to turn the experience around for you. Since Community is a public platform I would recommend you to reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps so we can review your account for you.

To learn more about our private messaging system please visit this blog.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

No could help me to do a proper change

I am tired to call Rogers, in the past few months i have called Rogers several times and i am still in trouble to setup a co-op account. July of this year, I applied Rogers Mobile service thru Workperk. I applied 2 accounts for myself and my husband with pre-approved credit card, so the monthly charge can be paid automatically by our credit card. A month after in August, my husband got call asking him to pay for it. My husband called Rogers try to setup auto-payment, and he was told that the call has to be made by me as the account is under my name. And then, i called Rogers to setup auto-payment and transfer account under my husband's name, and i was told that i can only do payment for the balance, and they have to talk to  my husband to do transfer. OMG, then i put both my husband and I on the call with Rogers to do the following:

1. Pay the oustanding amount, and it has to be paid by me as my husband's account is under my name. 

2. Transfer the account under his name as he needs the bill under his own name

During the converstaion with Rogers Rep, i kept confirming with him that my husband's account is still having same discount. And the rep also confirmed that there is no change, just move the account under my hunsband's name. 

I thought the story was end with happiness, but unfortuately my husband got bill from Rogers without discount, so he contacted with Roger AGAIN, asked why, He was told that I have to contact Rogers back with the discount code. 

I am really fraustrated, as a Rogers customer, how many hours we need to spend on Rogers phone line just for such simple request. As i confirmed with the rep so many times when i called to transfer account that account is still with discount, why not it falls under opposite side? I can call Rogers AGAIN with the what rep requires, and then, will it happen again to us with account issue next month? Who can REALLY help me to properly setup an account without any issue in the future? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm..

Question, the discount you get, is through some work plan?
Is it YOUR work or HIS?
By switching it over to his name, could be forcing the discount to be removed, if the work perk is YOURS?

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, the discount is from Workpert, the coop discount, it can be applied to myself and my family member. When i request to transfer the account under my husband name, i confirmed with Rep if the disccount is still applied, i received positive confirmation.
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the token from where i applied the coop account discount. I want Rogers to assign a knowldgeable rep to help me to setup accounts for me properly!
I've Been Here Awhile

after almost half of year using Rogers service, i was told by Rogers Rep that Rogers never agree to give discount to my hunsband as per contract with my company, only one shared plan account is eligible for one discount code. So i have to circle back to the dealer. And i have never agreed to use Rogers service by paying the full amount without discount, the plan i applied is with discount. That is customer experience with Rogers.
43min 45sec on the phone with rogers customer service

Called Rogers and selected to be called back
Rogers Rep called back, I explained the situation with my purpose of calling
Rogers Rep needs authorization from Damon in order to transfer me to the proper department for my request
Put Damon on the line to give the authorization to add me on his account, so that I can talk about his account issue.
Was transferred to the another department to discuss about adding coop code to Damon’s Acct
Long wait
Provided token number.
Got confirmation from Rogers rep that now Damon’s account  is added to the coop account
Requested Rogers Rep to credit the extra paid in the last 2 month which was mistakenly charged Damon without any discount
Long wait
Rep asked my phone number
Long wait
I was told by Rogers Rep that my husband is not eligible to get coop account with discount, only one shared plan account per code. She suggested me to connect back with the dealer about it.