Paper Billings to Disappear as of March 26, 2020 - Available only on line.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Paper Billings to Disappear as of March 26, 2020 - Available only on line.

With receipt of  a text message and further interaction with customer service it appears if you want paper billing that will not be an option starting March 26, 2020. <see image capture below>.  Rogers claims that this roll out is going via SMS and email and a recorded message when you call in thus far.  Links in message (rogers.com/go-paperless) or on the rogers site that I can find nor my last paper billing received yesterday (Feb 10/2020) make no mention of this upcoming change.  Customer service has not offered up any further reasoning why this is not posted on Rogers site, or noted on billings.  If you want it in paper, then you get to take your time to load and print yourself.  You could go elsewhere but I will guess that all providers are on the same route.  

Rick.

Screenshot Rogers.jpg

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Paper Billings to Disappear as of March 26, 2020 - Available only on line.

That's interesting. I get Rogers service texts on my cellphone, but I didn't see that one. No concern of mine because I opted out of paper billing long ago.  However, maintaining paper billing was an option for people who didn't use the internet or cellphones, maybe at extra cost, I can't remember.  Will Rogers mail this out to those customers? How will they know to pay their cable bill?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi OldYellr

In my case the billing is for mobile service.  I can't speak to Rogers other services like you have pointed out of cable etc. 

I see from 2018 an article of interest via CBC reporter Sophia Harris on the subject.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/koodo-telus-paper-bills-seniors-piac-crtc-1.4703338

I'm a Senior Advisor

I'm pretty sure the CRTC had something to say about a similar situation a few years ago when Rogers tired to charge people for a paper bill.....

Hello, @OLDYELLR

Thanks for posting your concern in our Community!

Ensuring you are able to effectively receive your bills is very important so I can understand your concerns here.

One of the main reasons we are going paperless is to protect our environment, which is very important to us. There are certain special circumstances where paper bills can still be requested on an individual basis. Feel free to send us a private message to inquire about this further.

Not familiar with our Private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

RogersTony

I've Been Around

No computer so how do I make payments
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers has no interest in protecting the environment evidenced by the volume of unsolicited paper ad mail it sends out. How as of March 26 2020 is it billing its cable only customers who do not own computers / cellphones / and have never accessed the internet.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For the one or two people who don't have a computer or cell phone or tablet, I'm sure Rogers will make some sort of accommodation if you contact them. For the rest of the population, stop squawking and get into the 21st century.

I've Been Here Awhile

"There are certain special circumstances where paper bills can still be requested on an individual basis. Feel free to send us a private message to inquire about this further." Please provide PHONE NUMBER for cable customer only to call (no online presence nor devices) to ensure continued delivery of paper bill.
I'm a Senior Advisor

@cldlwp wrote:
"There are certain special circumstances where paper bills can still be requested on an individual basis. Feel free to send us a private message to inquire about this further." Please provide PHONE NUMBER for cable customer only to call (no online presence nor devices) to ensure continued delivery of paper bill.

You do realize that most cable customers who depend on paper billing likely don't have internet access or smartphones. Hopefully they would receive instructions how to maintain paper billing by snailmail.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario