Caller ID Name Display Showing Wrong Name

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Caller ID Name Display Showing Wrong Name

I am not a Rogers customer but every time I call a friend or client who is a Rogers customer, my phone number displays some other person's name. It is not possible that all of these people have my number in their contacts with that other person's name. My service provider does not send my name along with my phone number when I make a call, for obvious privacy reasons, so my assumption is that my phone number was once active with Rogers and that name is attached to it and that's why it's showing as who is calling when I call someone. 

Does that make sense, and how do I get this fixed?

*** Edited Labels ***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Caller ID Name Display Showing Wrong Name

@Rich97:

Are you saying that when you call someone who is not on Rogers there is no name displayed?

If that's the case, I would contact the Rogers home phone people - link below - phone call (after dialing the number, press for "other" and "other" again, or use "live chat"?)

http://www.rogers.com/consumer/home-phone

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation