cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not working

Randomuser99
I plan to stick around

I just setup my Rogers Pay As You Go account and for some reason, the voicemail is not working. I tried calling the voicemail number, which I entered my phone number and said "(Insert Number Here) is not a recognized voicemail number". The site claims that Pay As You Go accounts get voicemail, but I also tried calling my phone which just lead to me hearing a dial tone.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Voicemail not working

Hello @Carol5C,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! We appreciate your contribution. Smiley Wink

I know how important it is to have a functional voicemail and I want to help you resolve the issue you seem to be encountering. I am aware that you get billed for calling your voicemail, while on Pay-As-You-Go, and I get how it could generate some frustration. However, unless there is an issue with the way it has been set up for you, you should not have to go through the activation process numerous times.

• Are you having issues with the password for the voicemail set up? 

The default should be the last 4 digits of your telephone number, unless it was changed.

• Do you get an error message when trying to call your voicemail?

In the instance where you are unable to personalize your greeting, or change your password, it might be because the feature was not added to your line, in the first place.

To ensure that you do not incur additional charges and check whether it was properly added, please dial 1 (800) 575-9090, from a different phone/line, to contact our Prepaid department.

First, wait for language selection to finish. Then press option 4 for “General information” and 4 again to “Contact Rogers”. Finally, press option 1 to reach a live representative quickly.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

gp-se
I'm an advisor

have you tried calling tech support so they can check your account to make sure it has voicemail on the plan.

Randomuser99
I plan to stick around

I did, and plus, all Pay As You Go plans have voicemail. They said they solved it.

BS
I'm a senior advisor

@Randomuser99  It isn't uncommon that someone forgets to click the option - although it comes with all plans, some people opt out because they don't want it, so it can be opted in and out.

Glad it got fixed.

Bruce

barndoor
I'm a trusted contributor

Just curious  @Randomuser99    , do you mean they  solved it for your end or just theirs ?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I thought voicemail was a default option. I remember having to disable it years ago to conserve my balance.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

AshleyLynne11
I've been around

I have a pay as you go plan. When I tried to access voicemail it said that the phone number I entered, my cell number with area code, is not a recognized mail box number. How can I resolve this problem? I really need a working voicemail. 

Carol5C
I've been here awhile

I'm having the same problem and am wasting my money trying to call the voicemail number to set it up. It costs 50 cents each minute, whether you use a minute or not, there should be a toll free number to activate it!!!.

Hello @Carol5C,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! We appreciate your contribution. Smiley Wink

I know how important it is to have a functional voicemail and I want to help you resolve the issue you seem to be encountering. I am aware that you get billed for calling your voicemail, while on Pay-As-You-Go, and I get how it could generate some frustration. However, unless there is an issue with the way it has been set up for you, you should not have to go through the activation process numerous times.

• Are you having issues with the password for the voicemail set up? 

The default should be the last 4 digits of your telephone number, unless it was changed.

• Do you get an error message when trying to call your voicemail?

In the instance where you are unable to personalize your greeting, or change your password, it might be because the feature was not added to your line, in the first place.

To ensure that you do not incur additional charges and check whether it was properly added, please dial 1 (800) 575-9090, from a different phone/line, to contact our Prepaid department.

First, wait for language selection to finish. Then press option 4 for “General information” and 4 again to “Contact Rogers”. Finally, press option 1 to reach a live representative quickly.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Carol5C
I've been here awhile
I'm on the "$10 Talk and Text plan", I foolishly spent $3.50CAN trying to get it working that day, I haven't tried again. Does the Talk and Text plan give you a voicemail box?. I tried setting up the voicemail on September 18th. The recorded message says to enter in my area code, then mobile number. The bot repeats the correct number I entered, then says... "the number is not a recognized mail box number". 

Hello @Carol5C,

Spending $3.50 from your $10.00 balance only to still have issues with your Voicemail is definitely frustrating I'm sure!

There could be an issue with the way the account was set up, it would be best to speak to our prepaid department to confirm everything was set up properly. Please follow the steps below outlined by RogersMaude to contact our Prepaid department.

"To ensure that you do not incur additional charges and check whether it was properly added, please dial 1 (800) 575-9090, from a different phone/line, to contact our Prepaid department.First, wait for language selection to finish. Then press option 4 for “General information” and 4 again to “Contact Rogers”. Finally, press option 1 to reach a live representative quickly."

Other users have gotten this issue resolved by reaching out to the Prepaid team as per Post #3 in this thread.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony 

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 in conversation