cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Unable to Enable Wifi Calling

AnonymousUser
I'm a trusted contributor

I ported to Rogers yesterday with my iPhone 13 Pro (purchased directly from Apple) and I'm unable to enable Wifi calling. When I turn it on via the Phone settings menu, I get a message to contact Rogers to enable wifi calling on this account. I've done so, they've opened up a ticket, but closed it citing they can't find any problems.

It's clearly an issue on the Rogers side as when I pop in my work SIM from another carrier, I can enable and use wifi calling without any problems.

If I use my Rogers SIM in my Pixel 6, I am also unable to enable wifi calling (spinner until it times out).

Since Rogers tech support has given up, wondering if someone from Rogers here can step in and help escalate this issue for me as at this point, I have little reason to remain with Rogers as wifi calling is important to my needs.

**Labels Added**

50 REPLIES 50

Re: Rogers Unable to Enable Wifi Calling

EhmTeeEhf
I'm a reliable contributor

I knew about the apple provisioning system,  I sill have My GSX2 account and can see the changes and so forth. However I wasn't aware of the AT&T proprietary implementation (Due to lack of access) lol. Thanks for the additional info 🙂

phemens
I've been here awhile

Make sure that you copy EXACTLY the address they have registered for you (in account info?), that was my problem, they didn't match and it threw it same errors. Once I copied it exactly the same (even with caps) it started working immediately.

Hmm
I'm an enthusiast
Huh? What's SOC? How do you contact a mod for assistance? And when you do, what makes you assume they can provide assistance of Rogers Technical support can't? Asking for a friend...

Hmm
I'm an enthusiast

That's a red herring, misinformation, distraction, and moot comment. One can even argue it's gaslighting.  For the record, Apple is popular in all western countries including Taiwan, Japan, the EU. Android reigns supreme in underdeveloped and developing countries or China. Even in China, Apple is incredibly popular.

Only Rogers (and their flanker brands) have regular WiFi calling issues. Full stop.

Hmm
I'm an enthusiast
It's unfortunate you believe whatever is posted online without any degree of skeptism.

EhmTeeEhf

A soc is a Code in Rogers system that adds a feature to your account. So for example the wifi calling SOC is something that is turned on on your account. So adding the wifi calling soc enables it for your line.

EhmTeeEhf

Forgot to mention, Tech support doesn't have the ability to add a SOC to your account. Only management or 2nd level support options can do that. I believe Front line had that access removed a while back due to policy changes. But like i said, I haven't been working at Rogers for almost a year so things could have changed a lot. If you send a message to a mod on the forums sometimes they can reach out to the escalations teams.

EhmTeeEhf

I said many times in almost all my posts I actually learned how the systems worked, I never took their word for anything. I always researched and learned how the systems worked. I actually worked in Tech for over 8 years at rogers before being promoted. Took courses in company and did many projects.

ScubadooX
I plan to stick around

Rogers has a very flakey WFC system. I've had cases where I could enable it on a phone and then not enable it again later. Same phone, same SIM. I've used kluges to get it to work. I don't think any other carrier in Canada that offers WFC has the same issues that Rogers does. And Rogers' Call Forwarding can also be inconsistent. I have never had an issue solved by Rogers' tech support other than resetting Call Forwarding.

Topic Stats
  • 50 replies
  • 18 Likes
  • 15 in conversation