LTE Apple watch support and plan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LTE Apple watch support and plan

Hello @TL

Im with Telus and I pay$10. Give a me 1GB of extra data as well. I know bell charges $5 but does NOT offer the 1GB extra. So you either pay $5 and use the same data you have OR pay $10 and get an extra 1GB on the plan. An extra $5 for 1GB is worth it. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I really hope Rogers gives customers the option of $5/no data

I already have like 19gb on my plan and barely use 8
I'm a Reliable Contributor

https://twitter.com/rickstockley/status/1040015094414028801?s=21

Sept 17th is when Rogers will officially begin to support the Apple Watch
Highlighted

Hey everyone!

Thank you for your patience. Smiley Wink As many of you heard, we have great news!

We're excited to announce Rogers will be carrying the all new Apple Watch 4.

Pre-order yours as early as Friday!

For those of you who may have the previous Apple Watch, you’ll be able to activate it. Our Apple Watch plans are going to be made available as of September 17th, 2018!

This means any customer who currently owns an Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) will be able to activate it as an additional line on their Share Everything plan or add it on a non-shared plan!

You must be on iOS 12 and WatchOS 5 to activate your Apple Watch.

Keep an eye on Rogers.com for the latest news!

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

That’s very insulting. You could have done better. I waited and waited and put up with your excuses about not knowing a date or when. You folks knew you’d be launching in September. This isn’t news and like I said, you’re waiting for AW4. You had many that waited now a year. Congrats on finally giving a tiny little care as to what your customers want, but I will now definitely be leaving to TELUS, because this just shows the utter contempt you have for us, me and every other customer that was begging for you to give us the option. What a disgrace.
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMaude wrote:

You must be on iOS 12 and WatchOS 5 to activate your Apple Watch.

Does the iOS 12/WatchOS 5 requirement apply to Apple Watch series 3 LTE as well?  Or can we activate the series 3 watches without having to upgrade to iOS 12/WatchOS 5?

I Plan to Stick Around

You really should update. There’s no reason to not update your iOS. It’s actually a security risk to not update. Sure, sometimes there are initial bugs, but Apple tests this stuff for months and months and by thousands of people before launching. When there are bugs, they get fixed quickly. Their whole business vision has always been user experience. No reason to hold out on iOS 12, especially given that it’s much faster and battery efficient. I’m running the GM beta (almost identical to what will be the final version. Only minor updates will be made, if anything, to the version I’m using before Sept. 17 launch.) I am experiencing no glitches so far with the pre-release version of iOS 12. My battery lasts longer and my phone is MUCH faster.

Do yourself a favour: do your updates.
I'm a Senior Advisor

There are occasions when an iOS update is incompatible with what Rogers offers. Many people have encountered that issue many times with various aspects of Rogers, especially on the TV side of things, Rogers apps, etc.

Yes, I agree that updating iOS is a good idea for security, however, it's always a good idea to wait a day or two (or perhaps more) and check here to see if there are incompatibilities.  Although the iOS may have been tested for a while, it may not have been tested with Rogers specifically.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@JjspOg wrote:
That’s very insulting. You could have done better. You folks knew you’d be launching in September. 

Although Rogers might have known, for competitive and other reasons, Rogers personnel are not allowed to formally announce things until management let them. It's the same for all corporations. You need to understand how things work with corporations and advance notice (leaks) can get people fired if they leak things before management say they can.

I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah, they've known all year it wouldn't launch until September. Just didn't want customers to go elsewhere. The customers themselves they couldn't care less about.

What's New