cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS - Unable to receive verification codes

Siren
I'm here a lot

Recently I tried to sign up for Whatsapp and it keeps saying it can't send me an SMS. I've done everything - reinstalled app, restarted phone, did several suggestions as per YouTube videos and still nothing. What is the solution to this as it's impossible to reach Whatsapp support.

*** Edited Labels ***

13 REPLIES 13

Re: SMS - Unable to receive verification codes

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
Are you a prepaid customer or are you on a monthly plan/service where you receive a bill? Some prepaid services have issues receiving shortcodes used to verify or authenticate an account. Did you have the correct country selected when signing up? Jist because it says +1 or whatever. The country needs to be correct to make sure the shortcode is sent over the correct cellular networks.

I receive a bill and pay monthly. Country displayed was Canada, which was correct, with the +1 automatically showing, which is also correct. I should also note when I called the "Call Me", I get a call and the message says, "To receive your verification code, press ___". I've tried it several time and got random numbers, "0", "2", and even "9". Then nothing happens.

Good Day @Siren

We're sorry to hear about the issues you're encountering with regards to the verification codes. 😥 That is most definitely a bit strange. We'd like the opportunity to take a further look into this for as it sounds like this may require a ticket to be escalated. 

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards, 

RogersJo 

Thanks, I did speak to Rogers tech support for 40 mins last night going through everything that could cause the issue with no success. He decided to send a ticket as well. This seems to be a common problem when I do a search about it online.

Siren
I'm here a lot

I'd appreciate a resolution to this issue as I'd like to join a support group via Whatsapp.

Good day @Siren,

Thank you for your reply! Has the situation evolved since the ticket was created by our technical support team?

As indicated by @RogersJo above, if you would like us to investigate things further, please contact us by private message.

That way we can access your account and get a better understanding of the situation. Thanks so much!

RogersMaude

Thanks, I received an email yesterday saying, "We’re sorry to say there's been a delay in fixing this problem. Thank you for your patience as our technical teams work on this. We will contact you as soon as there's an update available." so I'm still waiting.

I don't know how to PM you on this forum.

Hello @SiRe 

For more information on how to send us a private message, click here.

Thanks!

RogersMaude

parthpatel0389
I've been around

is this solved. As I have same problem

Yes essentially. After Rogers determined that it was on Whatsapp's end, and after I tried calling Whatsapp's 1-800 support number and getting nowhere (noone answering), and after emailing Whatsapp twice at support@whatsapp.com, the next day after the emails, I magically received a code after again doing the "call in" feature (which never worked prior for me... ever). I hope that helps. Whatsapp has a bizarre system of joining - almost nil support.

regnierpaul
I've been here awhile

WhatApp SMS code is still not sending to Rogers. I wonder if I switch to another carrier, would the issue be resolved?

I believe the issue is completely on their side. You have to keep bombarding Whatsapp via their support email at support@whatsapp.com.

regnierpaul
I've been here awhile

I am replying to my own comment. Not sure what happened, but I happen to be away from home (3 KM) and I tried to receive the verification code.  It worked. Not sure what changed. Maybe my email to Whatsapp support or a new cell or different WiFi (doubt this because I disabled wifi at home). I was also have to complete the setup on my wife's phone as well.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 in conversation