cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX show "The Bear" unavailable on FX or FXX - WHY ??

silentbob
I plan to stick around

Since I'm ON HOLD in the live chat support area, thought I would post here.  (30+ mins now)  😣

I subscribe to FX & FXX yet the only way to watch The Bear is to subscribe to DISNEY, which I dont.

What's up with that Rogers?  @RogersRob 

It's an FX show, I pay for FX,  why pay for yet another streaming svc??   

Signature goes here
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: FX show "The Bear" unavailable on FX or FXX - WHY ??

RogersTony

Hello, @silentbob 

Thank you for posting your inquiry on the community.

It looks like The Bear is available exclusively on Disney+ and Hulu in Canada. 

I can understand how this may be disappointing for you. Once the licensing agreement with Disney has expired FX will most likely retain the rights for this show.

RogersTony 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RogersTony

Hello, @silentbob 

Thank you for posting your inquiry on the community.

It looks like The Bear is available exclusively on Disney+ and Hulu in Canada. 

I can understand how this may be disappointing for you. Once the licensing agreement with Disney has expired FX will most likely retain the rights for this show.

RogersTony 

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can't really get upset at Rogers Cable. Rogers as a cable company has no say in what shows are aired and on what networks, they are simply the pipe to bring them to your house. If anything your beef is with the FX Canada and FXX Canada and they can pretty much sell the rights to who ever they want.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

You can not compare FX/FXX in the USA to FX/FXX in Canada. Two totally different networks.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FX/FXX USA owns a 33.36% stake of the Canadian FX/FXX, so they are still connected.

silentbob
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the informative responses.

I guess it's just par for the course and the direction everything seems to be going.

You subscribe to certain things  (FX, HBO, etc etc etc)   then they suddenly come out with FXX or HBO++  or some derivative of this.

Another change recently was adding an extra fee for the American channels.  (ABC, NBC, CBS etc ....)
Again, not really Rogers fault, they tell me the networks are now charging extra to resell these.

But this is a nominal fee Rogers could have absorbed in their core cable offering. 
Instead, us loyal customers shoulder all these extra costs while ROGERS revenue was 15 billion last year.  (look it up!) 

Why I don't get any of the Streaming services actually and strive hard every year to pay the same price as the year prior. 

IPTV does the trick..... and only because all of these streaming services priced me out of the game..... a pity.

Signature goes here

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
Because of Internet piracy, you can't really be priced out of the streaming-service market. You can do a Firefox, etc., search and then stream or download what you want to watch for free.

I don't have Hulu, or Disney+, but the Internet has most of the content ready-to-go in mere minutes.

This entire Content curation and viewing entity called the Internet is based on the honour system.

The content creators and distributors hope that you don't share passwords, and don't view content that you don't pay for.

I can get free tap water, free wifi Internet content, and free over-the-air TV content, but I still buy bottled water and pay Rogers because it's convenient, and not too expensive.

We are lucky that so much free entertainment is available online, as long as there are still enough people willing to pay for it.

They say that there is no honour among thieves, so just pretend that The Bear can only be watched on Disney+.

Sincerely,
Dis(ney)honourable Discharge
Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 in conversation