cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Can Receive Texts But Cannot Send Them

Chrispuklicz
I've been around

I have an issue sending texts to only a couple contacts. I can receive texts from them but can not send them.

I have tried restarting my phone and toggling wifi on and off. What should I do next?

The phone is a galaxy s22 and I'm using the original messenger that came installed on the phone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I Can Receive Texts But Cannot Send Them

Wizkid
I've been here awhile

Thank you all for offering to help. I took the easy way out and called Rogers tech support. I don't know what the problem was but they fixed it. The great tech who took my call, Julian, tried everything but couldn't get it to work. He escalated it and within 15 minutes or so hanging up with Julian it was fixed!

Great customer service Rogers!!!👏👏👏

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

RogersYasmine

Hello @Chrispuklicz !

Welcome and thanks for posting your text messaging concern! I see that you are currently chatting with us via PM! Feel free to continue with us there if help is still required. If your issue gets resolved, feel free to update the Community here with the solution. 🙂

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Cottage_Bob
I've been here awhile

I'm having exactly the same problem. Please let me know if you find a solution. Thanks, Bob.

Wizkid
I've been here awhile

I have exactly the same problem and it happened suddenly. Some of my contacts can receive my texts and some cannot. I receive them all. When I add these people who cannot receive my texts to a chat group they receive my messages just fine. I have tried everything I can find online and no solution works.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Call in and ask them to do a Re-send to Switch

Wizkid
I've been here awhile

Thanks Pauly but what exactly do you mean "do a resed to switch"?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It is not something you can do, so you would have to call in and ask the Customer Service or technical support to do it, it basically reprograms your account with the correct provisioning, in the event something was misconfigured, it often fixes issues like sms, mms, roaming, voicemail, forwarding, network selection, etc

Good afternoon @Wizkid,

Thanks for your post & good question! We'd be happy to assist you perform a "resend to switch", to refresh the signal to your SIM card.

Feel free to send a message to @CommunityHelps when you have time, so we can discuss privately and gain access to your account.

To know more on how to send a private message, click hereThanks!

RogersMaude

Wizkid
I've been here awhile

Thank you all for offering to help. I took the easy way out and called Rogers tech support. I don't know what the problem was but they fixed it. The great tech who took my call, Julian, tried everything but couldn't get it to work. He escalated it and within 15 minutes or so hanging up with Julian it was fixed!

Great customer service Rogers!!!👏👏👏

March0810
I've been around
I had the same problem , called support and they don't know too , only give me
Case id number
Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 in conversation