cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account Flagged for Fraud

lexluther
I've been here awhile

I bought a phone and plan on monday through an online agent (new account). I specifically stated i wanted a white iphone 15 pro max with the lowest storage. He let me know the price and everything it was all correct, but an hour later after it was all done i realized the conformation email says i ordered the 1tb option.

I immediately tried to contact rogers who transferred me to a different department where i waited for so long the chat timed out. I have tried to contact rogers several times this week since then with similar results, while i waited for the wrong phone to be delivered. Only today i finally got through on the phone after several attempts and that agent then informed me my order was actually cancelled and that my account was flagged for fraud and that i would have to go to a rogers store with two pieces of ID to confirm my identity. No one notified me of anything. I'm frustrated at this point, not only did the original agent mess up my order but now i have to go out of my way to fix this mess, and my phone is going to be even more delayed when i really need it now.

So i go to the rogers store and that agent is on the phone with someone for a long while, he then tells me that he's sorry but they have completely cancelled my order, released my number, locked my account, everything and that there is nothing he can do until i get it sorted, i cant even make a new account. He gave me the number to the fraud department and my account number and told me to call them. Well i did and there is no way to talk to anyone, you have to leave a voicemail. I did some googling and see some people have been waiting literally forever to get a call back. This is extremely frustrating, never in my life has this happened. 

There is nothing fraudulent about my account, it's not my fault the original agent made a mistake (its all in chat) why am i being punished. I find it ridiculous that no one can seem to resolve this in a timely manor and couldn't do anything when i went into the store with 2 peices of government ID. Its extremely frustrating to not be able to talk to someone, they put me in this limbo when i just want to be a customer and buy a phone! There must be something else I can do to get this resolved asap?! 

1 REPLY 1

Re: New Account Flagged for Fraud

RogersCorey

Greetings @lexluther!

We'd like to take a closer look at this matter for you to ensure that everything has been done properly. In a situation such as this, a fraud case should be escalated for a callback to have the flag removed if it's not actually fraud.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation