cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad App Logs Out

clementfamily
I've been around

I am constantly having to log back into my Ignite TV App. I am using the same iPad and in the same location, however 2-3 times a week when I open my iPad, I find myself logged out of the App. How can I just stay logged on?

***Edited Labels***

14 REPLIES 14

Re: iPad App Logs Out

sdubyk
I'm here a lot

I am having exactly the same problem. It started recently and has not happened before.

RogersJermaine

Hi @clementfamily & @sdubyk,

Thank you both for sharing your most recent experiences with the Ignite TV app on your iPad devices.

Can you confirm which app version you have currently installed on your iPads? Please try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, test it out, and let us know if the issue persists.

Regards

RogersJermaine

sdubyk
I'm here a lot

I have just done that. I will let you know if it works.

sdubyk
I'm here a lot

It absolutely does not work to reinstall the app. I now have to sign in several times a day. Today, I am up to 4 times.

sdubyk
I'm here a lot

It’s the ignite tv app for the iPad.

Greetings @sdubyk ,

Just to clarify, were you previously able to remain signed in, regardless of how many days have passed between uses? How many devices are connected to this app simultaneously both in home and outside of home? Finally, do you have the latest software updated on your iPad?

Thanks so much,

RogersYasmine

mcdonjo
I've been here awhile

Hi @RogersYasmine 
I will just add my own experience to this thread, which is the same as the others. Using the Ignite TV app on my iPad, I find that I must log in every time I open the app. I was just watching a recording on the app and paused it while taking a phone call---during that time (while the image was paused on my screen)--I got logged out of the app and the paused image was replaced by the "Stream your heart out" login screen.

This only just started happening in the past couple of weeks--previously I could stay logged in on my app for days or weeks...the need to login in would be infrequent, and usually after not using the app for some time.

Thank you for your observations @mcdonjo.

Has anyone noticed if this issue also occurs on an iPhone as well or does it seem like it's isolated to the iPad?

Regards,

RogersCorey

KimInNB
I've been here awhile

I will just add that I have the same issue since early March 2024. Using version 7.13.0 and when it logs me back in anything that I had downloaded is deleted.  Which is not convenient when you’re boarding an aircraft.  I would be the only device logged in either at home or on a tablet. 

This started in March. There were absolutely no problems before. I have all the updates to the app.

That happens to me as well when I just pause to check email. And it does stop in the middle of playing something to have you sign in. It’s really annoying.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@KimInNB wrote:

I will just add that I have the same issue since early March 2024. Using version 7.13.0 and when it logs me back in anything that I had downloaded is deleted.  Which is not convenient when you’re boarding an aircraft. 

I just wanted to let you know that this doesn't affect everyone. I have an iPad air 2020 (4th) and I never need to sign in again and I've never been logged out of this app.  I've never lost any downloaded programming.  I'm also on 7.13.0.  I use it almost daily to check on my recordings, but rarely watch anything on the iPad, preferring to watch on my TV.

However, I noticed I'm still on 17.3.1 OS.  Perhaps 17.4 is the issue?  (March 5 - however, early posts in this thread preceded March 5)  Have you updated to 17.4.1 as this may have removed some bugs (March 21)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPadOS_17#Release_history

I don't know whether to update the OS now....  I don't automatically update the OS in case there are issues that come out on the Internet.  I usually wait a week or two on my iPad and iPhone.

Also, have you checked your storage to ensure you're not running out of memory. 

I do get logged out of the MyRogers app once or twice a month, but it's very easy to sign back in.

mcdonjo
I've been here awhile

@57 My iPad is an older iPad Air that still gets iOS updates but I'm on a different iOS stream. I have iPadOS 15.8.2. My version of Ignite TV is 7.13.0.662. Storage is not an issue for me--it's a 128Gb iPad with only 47Gb in use.

Depending on what I am doing, I might be watching recordings on my iPad or my Pixel 8 Pro or my TV. It's only the iPad that logs me out so frequently (and, as others have noted, this only began recently).

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote: I have an iPad air 2020 (4th) and I never need to sign in again and I've never been logged out of this app.  I've never lost any downloaded programming. However, I noticed I'm still on 17.3.1 OS.  Perhaps 17.4 is the issue?  (March 5 - however, early posts in this thread preceded March 5)  Have you updated to 17.4.1 as this may have removed some bugs (March 21)

Are people still having this problem?  FYI, I upgraded my iOS and I'm not getting logged out, nor do I need to re-sign in...

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 in conversation