cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MYROGERS app will not open

Geo14
I've been around

Tried to log 3 times and an error noting something went wrong.    I checked the password each time.    I also see there is some problem with channels on my tv not working this morning.      What is going on with Rogers/Shaw?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: MYROGERS app will not open

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Geo14 wrote:

Tried to log 3 times and an error noting something went wrong.    I checked the password each time.

You are not the only one.  I was not able to log in this morning either.  I did a password reset and was able to get in that way after authenticating with a verification code.

I also see there is some problem with channels on my tv not working this morning.      What is going on with Rogers/Shaw?

Your TV issues are probably unrelated to the web site breakage but yeah, since Joe Natale "left" the company, the Shaw merger, and the loss of staff that followed, the quality of Rogers' service delivery is not what it used to be.

imaddicted2u2
I plan to stick around

Can't log in to MyRogers app version 6.12.0.8 on Samsung Galaxy A14 5G, Android 14. It keeps asking to do reCaptcha, over and over and over. Cleared app cache, dats, restarted phone. uninstalled updates, re-installed updates. Nothing worked. It should not be so hard.
I can log in from PC with no issue.

I want to make clear...the android phone app opens but does not successfully log in throwing constant captcha verification requests. Since the app is baked in to the phone, I can't even uninstall/re-install it. I think the app has worked correctly once or twice since I switched to Rogers. I've tried to login so many times, my phone is now throwing this error..."Your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now." Most frustrating app I have ever used.

imaddicted2u2
I plan to stick around

Ok, I discovered something...I use Firefox as my phone's default browser. When I sgn in it doesn't ask for password, just goes to captcha. I set default browser to Samsung internet same issue. I set default browser to Edge, same issue.
When I set default browser to Google Chrome, it works. It actually asks for password and no captcha challenge.
I use Firefox on all my devices and have it synced between them so would prefer to keep it that way.
Perhaps the Rogers app developers can make it compatible with all browsers.

imaddicted2u2
I plan to stick around

Confirmed again this morning. Yesterday, I had set default phone browser from Chrome back to Firefox. Tried the MyRogers app, didn't work, was asked to verify captcha again. In my phone settings I changed default browser to Chrome, Opened MyRogers app, it asked for username and password and it went right in to app. No captcha verification. required. 

Hello, @imaddicted2u2.

Thank you for sharing your MyRogers app login experience on your Samsung Galaxy A14 5G. reCAPTCHA is sometimes triggered to help stop bots from spamming, abusing, or stealing data from websites.

To make your app logins smoother in the future, consider enabling Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). This adds an extra layer of security and helps ensure it's really you accessing your account.

We're happy you were able to log in to your MyRogers app.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

imaddicted2u2
I plan to stick around

Ok, except the app never works with Edge, Firefox or Samsung internet browsers set as default browser, the reCAPTCHA is always triggered and answering it correctly just brings up another challenge...over and over. You can never answer it correctly. Logging in always works first time when Chrome is selected as the default browser, with no reCAPTCHA challenge getting triggered. Maybe the app is written to run in Chrome only. Maybe the app developers can tell us or might want to be alerted to this issue. The MyRogers app reviews on the Playstore is loaded with the same complaint about getting endless reCAPTCHA requests.
I use Multifactor Authorization everywhere that I can. I wasn't aware Rogers had the option now, thanks for the heads up. I set it up  but nothing changed with regard to my issue. MyRogers app still doesn't work on my phone when any browser other than Chrome is selected as the default.
I'll just use my PC to access my account when needed. I really want Firefox to be my default browser on my phone.
Thanks for your help.

Novice2
I've been around

On my PC I could not access myrogers account because of CAPTCHA error. I use Firefox so I tried other browsers. Chrome did not work initially until I "signed into my Google account". Now it works in Chrome but still does not work on Firefox. I hope this helps someone because it drove me crazy!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Check out the following post that includes lots of tips for dealing with certain websites that may "misbehave".

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Tips-for-Rogers-Websites-amp-Apps/m-p/491...

As indicated in that link, a different browser, or using Incognito or Private Mode, depending on the browser, often solves the problem.  Clearing the browser cache and cookies sometimes helps, as does disabling certain extensions.  Having a "clean" browser (that you don't use normally) to use for any problem websites is always a good idea since it's not only Rogers websites that can cause issues.

sidneychiu
I've been here awhile

So the MyRogers App and Home Ingnite App - both using Android not only crash after username login screen - but locked me out of my account. I have to call 3 times to Rogers, and finally ended up in the validation department to re-open my account. Their advice don't use the apps. Good one Rogers in valueing customers time by releasing faulty updates.

Good Day @sidneychiu 👋

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the app. I'm happy to hear you were finally able to get your account reactivated. Do you have the latest version of the app downloaded? Are you able to utilize the app now?
As we're always looking for ways to improve the app and your experience, we will ensure your feedback gets passed along to the appropriate channels.

Regards,

RogersJo 

sidneychiu
I've been here awhile
So not sure which version it was but I'm pretty sure it had just done an update so the latest version but I'm on a S20+ so android 11 or something. Since then I have deleted the apps and not used them as directed by the validation department to avoid further lock outs.
Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 in conversation