cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to 5G Home Internet service

yfsong00
I've been here awhile

So I have recently acquired a 5G Home Internet service. At the time, my contract stipulated that the download speed was 50mbps without exception. Then a couple of weeks later I get an email from rogers@e.rogers.com(which seems to be used for promotional content occasionally) telling me that the download speed during video streaming was reduced to 3mbps. In the same email, I was told that the refund policy was extended to october 22.

When I later called to cancel my policy, I was told that I was past the policy refund deadline (which was not extended according to them). So was the email I received from rogers@e.rogers.com a fake email or was the memo simply not passed around internally that that specific plan has had the refund policy had been extended?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Changes to 5G Home Internet service

yfsong00
I've been here awhile
So I went to the store, and as con89 experienced, they have nothing on file. But after looking at the email i received, they gave me with the refund. The people working at the rogers store I went to were very nice, just a shame Rogers doesn't keep track of these type of stuff internally better.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

RogersCorey

Good morning @yfsong00!

We would have to look into your account to confirm if your 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee was extended. I can confirm that rogers@e.rogers.com is a legitimate email of ours.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Con89
I've been here awhile
I had the same email on August 22. I will be canceling as well as this change does not fit for me. I hope that I will not have any issues as it does say that they have extended my return policy to October 22nd.

yfsong00
I've been here awhile

Unfortunately if you try calling customer services, they have nothing on file. Probably only the store where you got your nokia 5G router knows about it, unfortunately for some reason rogers customer management seems to be like quite isolated store by store, I'm going to the store which is 7h from me by drive to return it next week (I'll try to let you know how it goes).

Con89
I've been here awhile
My equipment was returned yesterday. I specifically went to the store that I bought it from because I wanted to avoid issues. Not a smooth process. The store checked my account and no record of any extension. He called Rogers and from the conversation he had with the person on the phone it was clear that they didn’t know about it either. He said I understand that it’s passed the 30 days and then proceeded to read my email to them. I don’t understand why no notes are placed on the clients files to make this a seamless experience for clients and staff. Hope your 7 hour trip was productive.

Greetings @ Con89,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I'm sorry to hear what occured thus far as it sounds like it has been a less than ideal experience. 😥 Has this issue been resolved since you last posted? 

Do you have a screenshot of the email that advises that your return policy has been extended to October 22nd? Were you successful in getting the return completed at the store?  

I had a gander and you can in fact cancel the service within the first 30 days and return the device in complete and original condition. We will refund the monthly service fee for your plan as well as the device cost. You will need to return the 5G Home Internet device through the same method you purchased it. The device must be returned in "like new" condition, including all original parts, components, and packaging.

If you still require assistance, we'd be more than happy to help! Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. If you're not familiar on how our Private Messaging works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersJo

yfsong00
I've been here awhile
So I went to the store, and as con89 experienced, they have nothing on file. But after looking at the email i received, they gave me with the refund. The people working at the rogers store I went to were very nice, just a shame Rogers doesn't keep track of these type of stuff internally better.

Con89
I've been here awhile
Hello,
Yes I do have a screenshot of the email that was sent. I returned all equipment back to the store which I must say the staff are excellent at the location I went to.
This experience would have been a lot better if
a) Rogers did not make the changes to the mobile internet within a month of my purchasing the service
b) Rogers should have made a note on the clients files that the return policy was being extended beyond the 30 days on exception. Neither the store nor head office knew about it and I had to produce my email as proof.

Chrismurray
I've been here awhile
I am having the exact same problem as these other customers with the 5G home Internet and I tried to cancel, and they told me that I couldn’t within 30 days satisfaction guaranteed and there was no talk of extending that so I’ve been stuck with it but I was told that it’s 30 days satisfaction guaranteed so if this service does not work for more than 30 days, then they have to cancel it but I would like help in dealing with this with my account

Hello @Chrismurray ,

Thanks so much for reaching out to us here about your concerns. I'm really disappointed to hear that our internet service hasn't been working well for your needs. 😞

I'm surprised that our Loyalty team would have advised you that you cannot cancel your services... that doesn't seem right. Our customers are allowed to cancel their services at any time, so long as there isn't anything stopping them from doing so, for example, the account is under suspension for non-payment, etc. Did the representative give you an explanation as to why they were unable to proceed with the request?

To review FAQs about our Ignite WiFi Satisfaction Guarantee, please click here. You may also check out the details for our 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee for Home services here. On this page, you'll also be provided with info on how to cancel your services. 

Thank you,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 in conversation