cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stingray Now and Festival 4K channels

I plan to stick around

It was my understanding that the Stingray Festival 4K and Now 4K channels were available for those that had an UHD 4K television.  This was the case with digital cable.  However, I have noticed that these channels are not included on Ignite TV.  Must one explicitly add them through 4K Channel Pack for $0?  If they are free, why are they not just included with the other channels like on digital cable?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Stingray Now and Festival 4K channels

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@422151819119 : When I negotiated my contract, I asked that these channels be added for $0.  I'm not sure if you can do that online.  I'm guessing that they are listed for $0, to show that they are a "package/theme" and perhaps they could charge for that theme in the future...

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

I have Premier and they are included by default. But sadly since I don't have a 4k tv I can't watch those channel, I love listening to music, I wish I could access those channels.
Hope one day Rogers will be able to have a non-4k of those channels (on different digits) or allow the box to downconvert the signal to 1080p if it detect a non-4k tv.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, it is sad that they don't allow for downconversion of those 4K channels for HDTVs since some of them are unique and don't have an HD equivalent.  After all, they did so for HD channels and SDTVs.

In addition, they don't have those 4K channels shown on IgniteTV web browser or the IgniteTV app listings, which means I can't programme, modify or confirm scheduled recordings on devices when travelling.  Since they are not listed there, I can't view them either, even though I may have an excellent (4K or better) display on my computer.

This "failure" falls on Comcast and unless they change the implementation, Rogers won't be offering it.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation