cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Double Billed Me

ellejay18
I've been here awhile

We joined Rogers Ignite TV and Internet on Sept 17. I logged into my account which shows my first (and only) bill. The total on the bill is what was agreed upon in the contract however my total account balance showing on MyRogers TV/Internet page is double the amount (the bill total x 2) so it's clearly a glitch in the system. The Rogers employees I have been in contact with have reviewed my account and have said the same. A ticket was sent in two weeks ago now with a promise that the extra charge will be removed from my account within 3-7 business days. We are on business day 10 and it is still there. My account also states I will be charged interested on this so I know on my next bill I am going to have a ton of interest charges that I will then have to deal with Rogers again about. This has been an extremely poor experience and I wish I just stayed with Bell. 

Has anyone dealt with a situation like this? How long did it take to remove the overcharge? It has caused me a lot of stress having to sit on the phone waiting for a Rogers employee for 1-2 hours daily. I have two young children and this is not something I want to be dealing with as my time is limited as it is. It feels like a scam and I feel sick for falling for it and signing up for Rogers. Of course I am signed into a 2 year contract even though I signed up less than a month ago. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks! 

**Labels Added**

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Rogers Double Billed Me

MonicaM1
I've been here awhile

I have the same exact issue. I am a brand new Rogers customer and I just got my first bill. My account balance, however, is double the amount of my one and only bill, which shows a previous zero dollar balance. I chatted with a live agent who told me it was a glitch in their system and it would be fixed once I paid my bill - which doesn't make any sense. How would my account balance, incorrect as it is, get down to zero if I pay half of it? Extremely disappointed in Rogers. I fortunately can leave at any time with no charges or penalties so I am now waiting on a call back from customer service. If still no resolution, I am not staying with Rogers. 

UPDATE: I had a call as well and the response was that Rogers charges in advance, hence the double the (one and only) bill amount. To me, it doesn't make any sense. If that were the case, there would be bills to support the balance on my account; they cannot say we owe double what they are billing us for.

The balance on a customer account must be supported by bills issued to that customer. 

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor

We've been going through this problem for at least three week.   First with the charge for installation that was supposed to be free then  after paying the correct amount  the bill still shows an amount owing even though the last chat they told us it was all sorted out and our balance should be zero.  The Rogers site still shows an amount owing and over due. We received an email today saying the problem was solved  so we are waiting to see if when we get this months bill in a few days the situation really is sorted out.   I hope so but have my doubts.🙁

RogersYasmine

Greetings @ellejay18 & @MonicaM1 ,

We are really sorry to hear that you've received a higher than expected bill on your account. I realize how shocking this must have been for both of you. 😞

By any chance, were you able to view the detailed portion of the bill to see the exact dates you were being charged for, as well as what specifically you are being charged for? If this is your first bill with us since activation, and depending on your billing dates, sometimes there may be partial charges from when you started your service, as well as a regular month's worth of service, since we always bill one month in advance. Please also check for any installation fees. For more info on how our billing works and to gain a clearer understanding, please have a look at our FAQs found here: https://www.rogers.com/support/billing-accounts/understanding-bill-charges-tv-internet-and-home-phon...

If you are indeed being charged twice for the exact same billing dates and items, or for charges that you did not agree to, then this is definitely concerning and we absolutely want to investigate this further.

If after going over the full details of your billing, assistance is still required, please do send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we can look into this further for you. 🙂

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

MonicaM1
I've been here awhile

My problem is that the double-charge is not backed by any bill. I have been issued ONE bill only (my services started less than 1 week ago) but the balance in my Rogers account shows double the amount of my bill; it also states that half of the amount is past due (again, I have been a customer for less than 1 week). 

Long story short, we see a balance in our accounts that is not backed by any documentation.

Rogers has not issued any bills for the overcharge. We have ONE bill and a balance on account that is double our ONE and ONLY bill, with no justification or explanation for what the overcharge is. 

ellejay18
I've been here awhile

Yes!!! This is exactly what is happening to us. Every agent I have talked to agreed that it's a glitch in their system and that there is no reason for my account to show the double charge. They keep saying it will be refunded however it has yet to be refunded. I had a ticket submitted over 10 business days ago now and still nothing even though Rogers promised the double charge would be removed in 3-7 business days. I have had to call daily and still no update. It's extremely frustrating especially if we are then charged interest on our next bill for this double charge error on behalf of Rogers! It's frustrating being a new customer. I wish I never signed up with Rogers. Extremely disappointing! 

Hello again @MonicaM1 & @ellejay18 ,

Thanks for the additional clarification. I agree, that this is definitely a strange issue and one that I personally have never seen before. 🤔

If you'd like to send us a PM @CommunityHelps, we'd be happy to have a peek to see where your tickets are at, and see if there is anything else we can do to help! For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Summer06
I've been around
I have same issue and now they want me to pay the late charges even I paid the first account every month not knowing that I have my new account. Like they totaly scamming their costumers. And no one answer my last message.

Bexy1111
I've been here awhile
Rogers has a outstanding bill with them now in their collections. I have paid them more than what I should've for my plan as the months went by. I was in a bad time in my life and not paying enough attention, and kept paying, but sometimes behind, but always catching up on the next payment...long story but now I am now being harassed to pay them a outstanding $4800 bill.
I am obviously with another company, and I had to change my number as they gave my old # away almost immediately after I refused to pay more to them after numerous failed attempts and hours of trying to resolve problem. I am now in the belief that my account was somehow hacked and was being used for another phone and services for a stranger....my shared data plan with daughter would windle to zero with no extra usage on our end, and a few times I didn't question it and buy/add on more for the month.
They keep calling me to pay them $4800!!!
I've searched payment history to them, and wow have I paid a lot or way more than I should've.
Ps the costumer service used to rock before 2020 ish I would recommend rogers to everyone I knew as they really came up to bat and excel when things would come up in the past. Always resolved and happy customer (me) in the end.
PPS good luck finding anyone anymore in rogers customer service that will be able to help you in the littlest bit.
My suggestion would be ask them how much to buy out of your agreement...cut your losses with that amount, and get out asap! Rogers is a heartless ruthless company now as far as I see.
Sorry this has happened to you, very stressful

Hey @Bexy1111,

Thanks for posting your billing experience here in our community forums. Receiving a higher than expected bill can surely be stressful. 😞

You mentioned that you spent time trying to resolve your billing issue, to no avail--are you able to clarify what explanation was provided by our Customer Care team, as to the reason for the charges? I always urge customers to review their monthly billing (especially if the amount changes unexpectedly) to ensure everything looks good and there are no issues. 

If you login to your online account, you can view/print the pdf version of your monthly bill which has a complete breakdown of all your charges. If there are any concerns with the billing, it's super important to contact our Customer Care team immediately, to inform them of any discrepancies.

If you would like for us to review your billing with you here, kindly send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps and we'll be more than happy to oblige. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you,
RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 6 in conversation